"There is something more powerful than each of us, a combination of our efforts, a Great Chain of industry that unites us. But it is only when we struggle in our own interest that the chain pulls society in the right direction..." - Andrew Ryan
- “While the Kids Play… Try Our Chardonnay”
- ― Advertisement poster[src]
Zimmermann Chardonnay was one of several types of alcohol sold in Rapture. Presumably, it was much less common than other consumables, as no bottles of it can be found anywhere around the city, not even in Rapture's Grand Carnival where it is extensively advertised. According to posters advertising the Chardonnay, it has been produced in Rapture since 1951.
- Main article: Challenge Rooms
A store named Zimmermann Chardonnay, which was likely the owner's office given that it is kept locked and that it contains no facilities for creating or bottling the drink, is found in the Grand Carnival. By the time it is visited by the player, a Thuggish Splicer has taken up residence inside, with the code to open the door set to "1951", the date that Zimmermann Chardonnay was first served to the people of Rapture.
- Main article: BioShock Infinite
Bottles of the Wine can also be drunk by the player. Drinking it will restore Health, but drain Salts. The provenance of Boston, Massachusetts since 1708 on the label implies that it was a long-established business in the United States before coming to Columbia.
Behind the ScenesEdit
- This is the only company seen advertised between both BioShock and BioShock Infinite.
- The company is a reference to longtime BioShock graphic designer Laura Zimmermann.
- In the Challenge Rooms, Jack's passport can be found on a desk in the store, left there as an Easter Egg by the developers.
|The 'I' in Team||Rapture Firing Range|
|A Shocking Turn of Events||Rapture's Grand Carnival · Zimmermann Chardonnay|
|Worlds of Hurt||Rapture's Combat Arena|