There are many gaming conventions taking place this March, and many opportunities to meet the Irrational Games team.
Irrational Games has revealed more information about their PAX East schedule on their blog, and it all sounds very exciting.
|“||You’ll be able to find us at our booth in the North Lobby of the Boston Convention Center. We’ll be overseeing a massive sculpture of Songbird, Elizabeth’s jailer and protector seen at the end of BioShock Infinite’s gameplay video. Fans who come by the installation can pose in His claw, chat with Irrational developers, and at 1:00pm and 3:00pm each day, pick up some nice swag.||”|
Additionally, the Irrational Games team will have an exclusive meet-and-greet session with fans on Saturday night in M.J. O’Connor’s within the Westin Boston Waterfront Hotel. This invite-only event will include board games between the studio team and fans, and a raffle of exclusive prizes. Tickets for the event will be handed out on Friday and Saturday at 1:00pm, and 3:00pm in the North Lobby, as well as to people in line for Irrational Games' panel on world creation on Friday, March 11 at 5:00pm.
MIT Sloan Business in Gaming Conference
Ken Levine (Creative Director of Irrational Games) and Chris Remo (Community Manager of Irrational Games) will both be speakers at the MIT Sloan Business in Gaming Conference on March 10th at the Seaport Boston Hotel in Boston, Massachusetts. See a full schedule of the convention here: http://www.mitbig.com/schedule
Speaking of Twitter, Irrational Games recently gave away awesome prizes to lucky people who became followers of Ken Levine on Twitter. Two lucky people won a Murder of Crows Vigor bottle, and 20 others get to choose between getting a poster signed by Ken Levine or a signed Irrational “Dog In A Wheelchair” t-shirt.
If you have a Twitter account, you can follow many of the Irrational Games team members:
- Ken Levine: http://twitter.com/IGLevine
- Chris Remo: http://twitter.com/chrisremo
- Dean Tate: http://twitter.com/IamDeanTate
- Steve Gaynor: http://twitter.com/fullbright
Or get the feed for the entire studio:
March Mayhem Developers' Showdown
The Escapist has started their "March Mayhem Developers' Showdown."
|“||March Mayhem: Developers' Showdown is an exclusive event on The Escapist where the top 64 game developers go head-to-head in an elimination style tournament to see who comes out on top. Who makes the call on which developers make it to the next round? People like you from around the world! Developers will be relying on your votes to progress through the tournament and take home the March Mayhem title.||”|
- Ken Levine recently talked about the process of developing Jack and Booker DeWitt as characters in an interview at IndustryGamers.com
- The Protector Trials were briefly available for purchase on Games for Windows Live Marketplace two weeks ago due to an error. 2K Games Community Manager Elizabeth Tobey apologized to people who purchased the unplayable content (which she had originally promised, and still promises will be free when it comes out). Source: