Whether you're a hardcore BioShock fan looking to add to your collection or a Rapture noob hoping to get caught up before exploring the world of Columbia in BioShock Infinite, the valued-priced BioShock: Ultimate Rapture Edition may be just for you.
As announced by 2K Games, Irrational and 2K Marin today, fans of the franchise and newcomers alike can experience everything that Rapture has to offer with the BioShock: Ultimate Rapture Edition. Available in North America on January 14, 2013, BioShock: Ultimate Rapture Edition will carry a MSRP of $29.99 for both the 360 and PS3 while offering up BioShock, BioShock 2 and lots of add-on content for both games. It also includes a trip to the never-before-seen Museum of Orphaned Concepts, providing a rare look at early concept art and character models that never made it into BioShock.
In addition to BioShock and BioShock 2, the BioShock: Ultimate Rapture Edition includes more than $40 of add-on content for both games:
• Museum of Orphaned Concepts: Take a tour of a never-before-seen BioShock museum and view early concept art, character models and more set within the halls of Rapture.
• Plasmids Pack: Includes four additional Plasmids and Gene Tonics – Sonic Boom, EVE Saver, Vending Expert and Machine Buster – for use in BioShock.
• Challenge Rooms Pack: Previously exclusive to PS3™ and now available for Xbox 360 for the first time, the pack tests the player’s mettle by requiring them to utilize the skills learned while traversing the halls of Rapture to survive three separate puzzle rooms in BioShock.
• Sinclair Solutions Tester: Contains a number of customization features that allow players to further their character’s development in BioShock 2 multiplayer modes and provides a deeper multiplayer experience.
• Rapture Metro: Includes six additional multiplayer maps, an additional multiplayer gameplay mode and a rank increase to level 50 for BioShock 2 multiplayer.
• The Protector Trials: Features frantic combat and fast-paced action designed to push players’ mastery of weapons and Plasmids in a BioShock 2 single-player experience spread across six maps.
• Minerva’s Den: A substantial narrative experience that puts players in the role Subject Sigma and introduces new characters, locations and mystery to the world of Rapture in BioShock 2. Set in a new environment, Rapture Central Computing, Minerva’s Den adds a gripping new storyline to extend the BioShock 2 experience.
Also included is an exclusive collectable sticker pack from BioShock Infinite’s world of Columbia to get you ready for the next chapter in the BioShock universe, which will hit North America on March 26, 2013. The BioShock: Ultimate Rapture Edition is expected to be available in some international territories "at a later date".
(Note: The image isn't uploading right now so until tomorrow it will be here.)