- Welding mask, Guy Fawkes mask, Oxygen mask, Scuba mask, and Goaltender's mask.
- A new batch of weapons including: Machete, twin hatchets, spear, glass shard gloves, torch, 2X4, fists, and spiked brass knuckles.
- Research Bonuses:
- Level 1: 10% physical damage increase
- Level 2: +Damage to Thuggish Splicers
- Level 3: Head Hunter 2 Gene Tonic
- Level 4: ++Damage to Thuggish Splicers
- Level 5: 25% physical damage increase
Level 6: Cannibal Gene Tonic
Level 7: +++Damage to Thuggish Splicers
- Sub-Types: the first two appear in the first half, the other three are introduced in the latter half.
Normal: The lowest of the low on the Splicer food chain, luckily you've got quite the appetite!
Galvanized: Tesla himself would be proud of these ambitiously shocking fellows.
Glacier: Don't fret, these bastards never give a cold shoulder.
Inferno: If you can't stand the heat, kill them so they explode!
Corrupted: If they were the poison in your mouth, you'd be dead already!
- New Tactics: They are pretty much the same, except for three new traits:
Ambush: 20% chance they will hide in wait for you to approach them, leaping out at you for a surprise attack.
Track: 50% chance they will follow you if they see you before you see them, and alert other Thuggish Splicers to your presence.
Retreat: in the latter parts of the game 40% chance they will flee if you stop attacking them, and they will return with full health and another Splicer of equal strength.
Taking a note from Willbachbakal, Thuggish splicers, other than normal ones, explode with their element upon death, (you can still loot them) because they all have a unique tonic, Martyrdom.