"There is something more powerful than each of us, a combination of our efforts, a Great Chain of industry that unites us. But it is only when we struggle in our own interest that the chain pulls society in the right direction..." - Andrew Ryan
The Piano Bar was a bar and lounge located in the Promenade of Dionysus Park, Rapture. The establishment offered a music-filled venue with a relaxing atmosphere to the park's visitors as they admired the artwork on display.
When the park was still open to the public, the Piano Bar was one of the many places where citizens could relax. There were several seating areas, and a grand piano in the center of the bar, for which it is named after, provided the entertainment. Several paintings of "unconscious art" also adorned its walls.
When the park was flooded, the Piano Bar took on serious water damage. The floor is covered with a thick layer of grime and sand, most of the furniture is broken, and the ceiling has nearly caved in.
- Main article: BioShock 2
Subject Delta must pass through the bar in order to reach the J. Fischer and Imago Art galleries. Upon entering from the park's main entrance, Delta will witness a Splicer being killed by a Houdini just off the lounge. An ADAM Corpse can be found by the bar. Just beyond it is a cache of Proximity Mines. If Subject Delta ventures over to the window to collect them, a Big Sister outside leaps down, screeches while making a "throat slitting" gesture, and teleports away.
The door to the Chase Carousel is rusted shut, but a group of Splicers will cut it open with a torch if Delta gets too close.
- Ignore the Leadhead Splicer attacked by the Houdini; he'll die quickly. Instead, focus your attention and ammunition on the Houdini to the left.
- The scripted event of the doors to the Carousel being cut open will not occur until the player gets close enough to the entrance to activate it. Consequentially, one should not approach the area until after taking care of the Houdini.
- Sofia Lamb - The Voice of the Self - On top of the piano (note that this Audio Diary is named "Truth is in the Body" in BioShock: The Collection).
- By getting up close to the window where the Big Sister leaps down and looking up, one can see an unused Big Sister model. This is likely an undeleted placeholder.
Behind the ScenesEdit
- After killing the Houdini Splicer, a brief bit of music entitled "Really Weird Stuff" will play on the piano.