Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
"There is something more powerful than each of us, a combination of our efforts, a Great Chain of industry that unites us. But it is only when we struggle in our own interest that the chain pulls society in the right direction..." - Andrew Ryan
- "You've an eye, haven't you, miss?"
- ―The Golden Rule's shopkeeper
The Golden Rule is a retail jewelry store that operates out of High Street in Rapture. Booker DeWitt and Elizabeth pass through the shop in the BioShock Infinite downloadable content Burial at Sea - Episode 1.
Burial at Sea - Episode 1Edit
- Main article: Burial at Sea - Episode 1
The Golden Rule is one of many high end shops operating out of High Street. The store has a large selection of rings and necklaces for sale. In addition to selling jewelry, the store also appears to clean and appraise items, as indicated by the equipment in the back room.
The store is one of the sponsors for Cohen's "The Business of Rapture is Business," and therefore the owner, named Julian in the ingame files, is provided with a unique Invitation Mask as identification to enter the club. Booker DeWitt and Elizabeth head to the shop to look for the mask. Elizabeth poses as a perspective customer to distract the shopkeeper while Booker searches the backroom. The safe containing the mask box also contains a ring, some money, and a small gold bar. To keep the man's attention, Elizabeth accuses him of stealing a ring on display from a recently dead relative in the Twilight Fields Funeral Homes. While the mask may or may not be present, Elizabeth always kicks the man in the groin.
- "Good day to you, ma'am."
- "Good day to you, sir."
- Elizabeth: "I'm interested in this piece."
- Shopkeeper: "Ah, excellent! You've an eye, haven't you, miss?"
- Shopkeeper: "It's a natural sapphire and diamond, 18-karat gold ring. Fully hallmarked for Paris, 1887."
- Elizabeth: "Really…"
- Shopkeeper: "The center cabochon—Excuse me… Sir?"
- Elizabeth: "That's a lot of fine talk about a stolen ring!"
- Shopkeeper: "I beg your pardon?"
- Elizabeth: "Right out of her coffin in Twilight Fields. Did you think we wouldn't notice?"
- Shopkeeper: "I can assure you that—"
- Elizabeth: "The assurances of a grave robber are of no interest to me. If you hand the ring back, the matter will remain between you and me."
- Shopkeeper: "You come into my shop and talk this trash. I don't think so. Hit the brick, you tramp, or I'll see that they hit you."
- Elizabeth: "Get your hands off me!"
- Shopkeeper: "You little—"
- Elizabeth: "Might be best if we were gone when he wakes up."
|Main Locations||Le Temps Perdu · Cohen's · Le Marquis D'Epoque · Maison Vosges · Rapture Records · Robertson's Tobaccoria · The Gallery of the Artist's Struggle · The Golden Rule · The Watched Clock|