- “You want the best? You drink Tate. Could it be any simpler?”
- ― Dan Tate, proprietor; Tate Wineries[src]
Tate Merlot is one of several brands of consumable alcohol in Rapture, but appears only in BioShock 2. Tate Wineries may be a rival of Worley Winery, the producers of Arcadia Merlot which appeared in BioShock. Consuming several bottles of this beverage will result in a brief period of blurry double-vision, as Delta's body recovers from intoxication.
- Consuming Tate Merlot will result in a small increase in Health, but a small decrease in EVE.
- Equipping the Booze Hound Gene Tonic will instead result in gaining EVE when drinking Tate Merlot.
- Like other alcoholic beverages, Tate Merlot can be ignited using Incinerate! to create a Molotov Cocktail, thrown with Telekinesis.
|“||A bottle of Merlot will restore a small amount of Health, but drain a small amount of EVE. Like all food and drink, it is consumed immediately when picked up.||”|
Behind the ScenesEdit
- Tate Merlot and its proprietor Dan Tate are references to the BioShock and BioShock 2 level designer Dean Tate.
- ↑ Idle Thumbs plays BioShock 2: Minerva's Den DLC with writer/designer Steve Gaynor [Part 1] on YouTube
|Items in BioShock 2|
|Single Use items||First Aid Kit · EVE Hypo · Spider Splicer Organ · Dollar · ADAM · Sea Slug|
|Ammunition||Drill Fuel · Rivet · .50 Caliber Round · Shell · Grenade · Spear · Hack Dart · Mini-Turret · Ion Cell (Minerva's Den)|
|Consumables||Aspirin · Bandages · Canned Beans · Canned Fruit · Chechnya Vodka · Cigarettes · Coffee · Creme-Filled Cake · Doc Hollcroft's Cure-All · Fine Gin · Hop-Up Soda · Lacas Scotch · Moonbeam Absinthe · Moonshine · Old Harbinger Beer · Old Tom Whiskey · Pep Bar · Potato Chips · Potted Meat · Red Ribbon Brandy · Sardines · Tate Merlot · Vitamins|
|Plot items||Audio Diary · Radio · Genetic Key · Little Sister Gift · Rose · Signal Relay · ADAM-Infused Plant · Master Key · Signal Beacon (Minerva's Den)|