|This talk page is for discussing improvements to the page "The Founders".|
|Please use our forum or personal blogs for discussion about related topics.|
Founders Circle level??? Edit
I was reading on this wiki about the locations in Columia and i stumble across the location section and saw this place called Founders Circle. I gotta feeling that its where the Founders operate and train their soilders, like a military base.AirPatriot1912 (talk) 23:45, December 31, 2012 (UTC)
- Founders Circle is meant to be area where you could find all the institutions run by them. It's not really a military area. I don't really think that there's one in Columbia. Ison (talk) 13:58, January 1, 2013 (UTC)
The Founders technically aren't Christians. Edit
22.214.171.124 08:00, April 4, 2013 (UTC)So, I see the article on the Founders stating them forcing their Christian beliefs on to the citizens of Columbia. That's all well and good, except that the Founders aren't Christians. Jesus isn't even mentioned in their religious beliefs, and they worship the Founding Fathers of America. I hope nobody minds if I change that because while the Founders' religion does contain some Christian elements it is not really Christianity.
It's a reference like how Rapture citizens hardly aren't even Atheists. "Doesn't mean you can't see it, doesn't mean the Great Chain isn't there" -No Atheist would say this, but Rapture citizens constantly do this. Like how Columbian citizens worships Comstock in a Chritian way, but never never ever mentioned Jesus ONCE. $tar Butterfly (talk) 20:03, July 5, 2015 (UTC)
":The party promotes ultra-nationalism"Edit
may need a different term from this as they broke away from the USA (seceded.... maybe they claim the USA seperated itself from them???) and now the center of their 'ism' is the city of Columbia and the Founders agenda
Worshiping a man ( Booth, a coward who wouldnt even fight for the Confederacy) who killed a US president also doesnt lean exactly as an ism in the direction of the USA.
Testxyz 12:53, August 17, 2013 (UTC)
Why exactly do the Founders single the Irish out but otherwise support white supremacism. How are the Irish any different from any other whites in their eyes?
American history, they were poor, Catholic and not British, Scottish or German, Also, some Irish are sold as slaves early in history.
"He would claim a prophecy, and when it happened, the citizens out of astonishment were duped into worshiping Comstock."Edit
This is what Ken Levine thinks Christianity is ? In the real America, Comstock would have had to look for a very long time to find such people contrary to the majority of the Christians of that era. Most of Americas churches and most of their members would denounce Comstock for this idolatry and blasphemy. The game made a serious left turn when this plotline was formulated, versus what had been presented previously.
With the bizarroland quantum stuff included in the rest of the story, perhaps it would have been smart for certain individuals like Fink to give some clues as to there being some kind of mass insanity/brainwashing that had resulted in the situation presented.
- His contempt is more than a little offensive, but he has a right to express his opinions and criticisms how he wishes. That story about one of his staff members walking out on the project b/c of how it depicts organized religion, it really makes you think how this is the "reined in" version and what it all might have originally been.
- That employee didn't quit. He just wrote a resignation letter and Levine went and talked to him. http://www.gamespot.com/articles/bioshock-infinites-religious-themes-led-dev-to-consider-quitting/1100-6404620/ --Solarmech (talk) 16:03, July 8, 2015 (UTC)
- With all the hype this game got about 'this was America' they threw about, if thats what Levine thinks, then it may have to be more pitied for being delusional. 126.96.36.199 13:54, June 28, 2014 (UTC)
- Levine does not view it that way, believing you can read a person's mind is very desional in on itself. Also, The Vox members are Catholic Christians as well. No all Chritains fall for it, otherwise, why would they need to secede? Wouldn't American be proud? Generalizing is moronic.$tar Butterfly (talk) 19:39, July 5, 2015 (UTC)
- All in all, it is a contrived situation of conflict needed to have the player slaughtering people wholesale. Racists, Cultists, John Wilkes Booth worshipers - they certainly stacked the deck to allow the player conscience easing excuses for being a mass murderer 188.8.131.52 23:49, July 7, 2015 (UTC)
In response to Solarmech, very true, thanks for that correction, but my point reamins unchanged. A professional designer was willing to walk off the project due to the offensive way Levine was depicting religious persons. Thankfully, Levine is diplomatic enough to offer a mea culpa and create a compromise. Still, Levine himself admits that he has little background with religion.