- “When the foreign hordes come marching into town…
Will you be prepared to stand those buggers down?
They’ll do their level best to take, all that’s rightly yours.
And it’s your solemn duty to keep them from our shores!
The readiness is all. (When the greenhorn muscles in!)
Oh, the readiness is all. (To bring down an alien!)”
- ― Soldier's Field Jingle[src]
- Main article: BioShock Infinite
Four Earnest Eagle-shaped and battleship-themed ticket kiosks line the room.
On the right is a Minuteman's Armory undergoing a bit of repair with a Lockpicking Kit lying on top of a crate. Around the corner is small display featuring a miniaturized version of the city, bobbing up and down to demonstrate the quantum field that keeps Columbia afloat. A Kinetoscope sits next to the model praising Rosalind Lutece's discovery.
Elizabeth will make a comment on how Soldier's Field was built to indoctrinate children to the idea of national service.
The door to Soldier's Field is powered by Shock Jockey, but it is apparently unstable and unreliable as evidenced by the shorting out upon approach. The blaring music and mechanical devices fall silent and motionless. With some effort Booker can lift open the gate to find a poster ironically advertising the Vigor's independence from conventional power companies.
- Huntsman Carbine
Behind the scenesEdit
- The concept art for the Center was made by Jorge Lacera.
- During the conversation about the history of Soldier's Field, Elizabeth quotes from Proverbs 22:6.
- The diorama uses the same low-poly models of Columbia usually seen in the distance in skyboxes.
- Even if the player would return with Shock Jockey and use the Vigor on the gate machine, it will have no effect.
- The filenames and an unused texture mask indicate that this area was called "Ernest's Armory" before being changed.
|Battleship Bay||Upper Boardwalk · Arcade · Flawless Flintlock · Skulking Stranger · Patriot's Proud Pose|
|Main Street||Soldier's Field Welcome Center · First Lady's Aerodrome · Dimwit & Duke Ice Cream Shoppe · Founders Books · Hotel Soldiers Field · Toy Soldiers|
|Patriot's Pavilion||Patriot's Pride · Cigar Shop · The Fellow Traveller|
|Hall of Heroes||Boxer Rebellion Exhibit · Wounded Knee Exhibit · Hall of Heroes Gift Shop · First Lady's Memorial|
|Clash in the Clouds||Duke and Dimwit Theatre|