A Slot Machine is a simple form of gambling found throughout Rapture's entertainment venues such as Fort Frolic, Sir Prize: Game of Chance, and the Pharaoh's Fortune Casino. They can also be found at the Mermaid Lounge and High Street.
- Main article: BioShock
It will cost Jack ten Dollars to play a round on a slot machine. The first time Jack plays, the machine will yield a payout $25. After the first round, the slot machine's odds of winning will greatly decrease. For Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 users, getting a $250 payout also means acquiring the "Lucky Winner" achievement/trophy.
- Main article: BioShock 2
Slot Machines return in BioShock 2, although there is no achievement or trophy award for winning the highest amount. They appear in the Mermaid Lounge at Siren Alley, in a room with hidden protection Turrets, which will automatically side with the player when activated.
Burial at Sea - Episode 1Edit
- Main article: Burial at Sea - Episode 1
Booker DeWitt can play the Slot Machine in the pre-fallen Rapture. They can be most of the time found alongside a Need to Know Theater on High Street. When he plays the machine the first time, Elizabeth will comment, "Best quit while you're ahead". When the machine stops spinning, it will stop on 7-7-☆. The number 77 is the number on the winning ball that Booker chooses at the Raffle Square in Columbia.
Winning Combinations in BioShock and BioShock 2Edit
Unused Tiles from BioShock and BioShock 2Edit
Behind the ScenesEdit
- Although there are nine different tiles on three wheels with the potential of 729 outcomes, only four are possible in the game.
- All the images on the tiles are seen elsewhere in the game, except for the target duck.
- Upon winning the $250, confetti shoots into the air and a fanfare sounds. This fanfare is the same as the one that plays when receiving Cohen's gifts.
- In BioShock, only one machine can be used at a time.
- Also in BioShock, the slots can be re-rolled before the outcome, eliminating potential winnings from the first try.