"There is something more powerful than each of us, a combination of our efforts, a Great Chain of industry that unites us. But it is only when we struggle in our own interest that the chain pulls society in the right direction..." - Andrew Ryan
- “And before I knew it, Ryan had me bounced out of my own restaurant — and that Korean had the run of the place”
- ― Morris Lauderman[src]
The Silver Fin was once a restaurant in Fontaine's Department Store, owned by Morris Lauderman. Before Fontaine's was converted to a prison, the restaurant was passed into the hands of Yi Suchong to research Tears, and it now houses his version of the Lutece Device, research notes, and multiple images of Columbia.
The Silver Fin was once a successful restaurant in the Bathyspheres DeLuxe department of the Housewares building. It was the location of Elizabeth's entrance into Rapture, an event that did not go unnoticed by Morris Lauderman. He reported it along with the strange things he'd seen through the Tear now in his establishment. When Ryan learned of the strange occurrence, he handed the property over to Suchong to further study the Tear, while keeping it hidden from Rapture's populace. Suchong stayed at the restaurant studying the several Tears to Columbia, through which he got in contact with Jeremiah Fink and began collaborating on scientific projects. Suchong also took photos of Booker DeWitt, Elizabeth, Fink, and even Robert and Rosalind Lutece, while trying to gather information about the other place the Tears led to.
Burial at Sea - Episode 2Edit
- Main article: Burial at Sea - Episode 2
Elizabeth gains access to the restaurant/laboratory in order to repair the Lutece Device. To do so, she needs a carbon dioxide filter, cathode ray tube, and the Plasmid Old Man Winter to maintain the device's heating coils. Upon doing so, she is contacted by Suchong, who denies her access back to Rapture unless she retrieves a Hair Sample from Jeremiah Fink's laboratory. Upon doing so, she returns to Rapture only to be betrayed by Suchong and attacked by Ryan's men. After fending off multiple security officers and Splicers, she left the restaurant. Before Ryan's men infiltrated the place, the restaurant was a safe location for Elizabeth, containing no Splicers and a Pneumo Tube with an unlimited supply of EVE.
New Plasmids and Mods (Found)Edit
- Old Man Winter's Winter Mod
- Morris Lauderman - Pennies on the Dollar - On a counter in the kitchen, near the storage.
- Yi Suchong - Imprinting Roadblocks - Second floor, on a desk underneath the drawings of Columbia.
Behind the ScenesEdit
- One of the loading screens which appear if Elizabeth dies during the episode features the reception area of the Silver Fin. It's worth noting that the photographs of Elizabeth and Booker DeWitt are different from what is seen in-game.
- Andrew Ryan says to Elizabeth: "I cannot save your Sally, but I can save you.", even though Elizabeth has not referred to Sally by name, only as "a Little Sister."
|Exit Plaza||Toys · Ryan the Lion Preparatory Academy · Cupid's Arrow|
|Bathyspheres DeLuxe||Silver Fin Restaurant · Test-Drive · Service Bay · Manta Ray Lounge|