Scavenger Hunt is an Achievement/Trophy in BioShock Infinite. The Achievement is worth 75 Gamer Score and the Trophy is gold.
Description: Complete the game in 1999 Mode without purchasing anything from a Dollar Bill vending machine.
- 1999 Mode will be unlocked by finishing the game for the first time or by entering the Konami Code (up, up, down, down, left, right, left, right, B [cancel], A [confirm]) in the main menu. This will also give the player the Should Auld Acquaintance... Achievement/Trophy.
- Opening up the Dollar Bill's menu without buying anything will not fail the Achievement/Trophy.
- The player can buy from the Minuteman's Armory and Veni! Vidi! Vigor! vending machines without failing the Achievement/Trophy.
- The player might mistake the Dollar Bill machine brought in via a Tear in the Hall of Heroes for Minuteman's Armory, as it sells discount weapon upgrades. Buying from this machine will fail this Achievement/Trophy.
- The player will not be able to buy Medical Kits, Salts or ammunition, so everything the player uses has to be scavenged.
- For information on how to beat the 1999 Mode, see the main article.
- It is recommended to try to achieve the Auld Lang Syne Achievement/Trophy at the same time as achieving this one.
Behind the ScenesEdit
- Scavenger hunt is the name of a party game, which requires participants to search and gather specific items.
- The Achievement/Trophy is named Scavenger Hunt, due to the fact that the player will have to scavenge for supplies.
- The Achievement/Trophy icon depicts a saddened Dollar Bill machine, with a "No Sale" sign.
- It is a slightly altered version of the Grand Largesse Achievement/Trophy icon.