"There is something more powerful than each of us, a combination of our efforts, a Great Chain of industry that unites us. But it is only when we struggle in our own interest that the chain pulls society in the right direction..." - Andrew Ryan
- “Quality paper… before the locals stopped readin' and started findin' uh… other use for it.”
- ― Stanley Poole[src]
The Rapture Tribune was a newspaper in the underwater city of Rapture and, judging from its many advertisements, the most popular paper among the city's populace.
Stanley Poole was an employee of the newspaper before it suspended publication due to Security Order 217. The office building for the Rapture Tribune can be seen from the window of Market Street just outside Booker DeWitt's office. Copies of the Tribune can often be found in News Vendor machines and scattered along the ground. Four newsstands can be found on Market Street, with one right outside of DeWitt Investigations, one closed, one seen from the elevator to High Street, and one in the Artemis Suites metro station.
Several headlines on the front page of the newspaper include:
- Recent Bloodshed Causes Panic
- Five Dead in Latest Attacks After Months of Peace
- Arcadia Sets Curfew Once Again Due to Outbreaks of Violence
- Vessel With Contraband Cargo Burns At Fontaine Fisheries
And in Burial at Sea - Episode 1, the headlines read:
- Rapture, 1958: The Year that Was
- Ring In the New Year! Celebrations Rampant Throughout Rapture
And in Episode 2:
- Atlas' Parasites Driven from Point Prometheus
Behind the ScenesEdit
- Rapture Tribune newspapers can occasionally be found on the floor in DeWitt Investigations during BioShock Infinite.
|Main Locations||DeWitt Investigations · Rapture Tribune · Sinclair Spirits · The Satyr Lounge · Souvenirs · Little Wonders Educational Facility · Jet-Postal · 907 Market Street · Andalusian Arms|