"There is something more powerful than each of us, a combination
of our efforts, a Great Chain of industry that unites us." - Andrew Ryan
- "Never could figure out if the thing's designed to cook a turkey or a Splicer."
- ―Booker DeWitt[src]
The Radar Range is a weapon featured in Burial at Sea.
Described as the "Oven of the Future", Radar Range was a powerful microwaving device created by Fontaine Futuristics. It uses a microwave energy beam to heat up food and cook it; however, the device was dangerous in the wrong hands and could be used to cook unfortunate people if turned against them.
Using a Radar Range on Splicers will cause them to heat up and explode. Any enemies that are close in proximity to the target when it explodes will suffer splash damage. It should be noted that the weapon speedily burns through ammunition while the trigger is held. The Radar Range is acquired in the basement of the Bistro at Fontaine's, after unlocking the storage closet it is stored in.
To unlock the storage closet, the player must learn the code by finding the Oven of the Future audio diary.
- High damage
- High rate of fire
- Splash damage
- Very effective against Splicers.
- Burns through ammo quickly
- Ammo is scarce
- Reduced effect against the Bouncer
Burial at Sea - Episode 2Edit
- Main article: Burial at Sea - Episode 2
The Radar Range is available as a weapon for Elizabeth in Episode 2 as well, and has the same function. The weapon is located in the Control Room at the Service Bay in Bathyspheres DeLuxe. However, If the player uses 1998 Mode, the Radar will not be found.
Behind The ScenesEdit
- In 1947, the "Radarange", the first commercially available microwave oven, was built by Raytheon. This inspired the name of BioShock's Radar Range weapon.
- Unused game files indicate that the Radar Range had an additional function of being able to power open doors.
- Collateral damage caused by this weapon will not count towards the achievement/trophy Confirmed Luddite.
|Weapons in BioShock||Wrench · Pistol · Machine Gun · Shotgun · Grenade Launcher · Research Camera · Chemical Thrower · Crossbow|
|Weapons in BioShock 2||Drill · Rivet Gun · Hack Tool · Machine Gun · Shotgun · Research Camera · Spear Gun · Launcher|
|Ion Laser (Minerva's Den)|
|Weapons in BioShock 2 Multiplayer||Pistol · Shotgun · Tommy Gun · Grenade Launcher · Crossbow · Nail Gun · Elephant Gun · Rivet Gun|
|Weapons in BioShock Infinite||Burstgun · Carbine · Crank Gun · Hail Fire · Hand Cannon · Heater · Machine Gun · Pistol · Repeater · RPG · Shotgun · Sky-Hook · Sniper Rifle · Volley Gun|
|Weapons in Burial at Sea - Episode 1||Air Grabber · Carbine · Hand Cannon · Shotgun · Tommy Gun · Radar Range|
|Weapons in Burial at Sea - Episode 2||Air Grabber · Radar Range · Hand Cannon · Shotgun · Crossbow|