Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- "That's her, son! Eleanor Lamb. No matter what you may be feelin' right now — this is business. Get that cage open — she's comin' with us!"
- ―Augustus Sinclair[src]
- "Warning. Quarantine seal disengaging. Please stand by…"
- ―Quarantine Announcement[src]
When Persephone still operated under the auspices of Sinclair Solutions, political prisoners that were "disappeared" from Rapture were brought to Outer Persephone to be processed before being permanently housed with the internment camp's interior. While in Outer Persephone, an inmate might be confined to the Quarantine Room for holding, for uncooperative behavior, or for health reasons. Despite having access to a perfectly suitable Infirmary, the facility's staff would want to stem the risk of a contagious outbreak in the close quarters of the prison, so isolation would be recommended.
After Sofia Lamb lead a successful revolt and gained control of the facility, the Quarantine Room was converted to Eleanor Lamb's bedroom. When Eleanor was not being subjected to experiments or Sofia's New Utopian education, she was kept in her room. The space was ideal as a holding cell as not only could Eleanor not easily escape from it, unauthorized individuals could not gain entrance without being detected.
- Main article: BioShock 2
As Subject Delta finally reaches Outer Persephone, Sinclair urges him onward before reinforcements arrive. Suddenly, Eleanor uses their mental connection to say that she's trapped in a cage. A closed airlock blocks direct access to the room's interior. Delta must break the quarantine seal to be reunited with Eleanor.
Breaking the sealEdit
- "And she has been watching you ever since, exalting your every act as gospel."
- ―Sofia Lamb[src]
After Delta disables the Quarantine Room Controls, Sofia Lamb recognizes their journey as a chess game. Her finishing move involves sending a pair of Big Sisters while the seal disengages. She likens the tribulation as a mother and father locking eyes with each other.
The Big Sisters fail to dissuade him and the first seal to the Quarantine Room in unlocked. As Delta enters the airlock amidst swirls of disinfecting sprays, Delta is confronted by Sofia placidly sitting at Eleanor's side and smoking a cigarette. Sinclair's radio signal is jammed as his voice drowns in static. Sofia takes a drag on her cigarette as the quarantine announcement counts down fifty seconds until the decontamination process is complete. It is unclear if Eleanor is sleeping or sedated.
Sofia proceeds to lay out her daughter's plans about how Eleanor wanted to be reunited with her "Father". Suddenly, Delta has flashbacks to the day Sofia hypnotized him to shoot himself as the younger Eleanor watches, distraught. A bed-ridden Eleanor can be seen planning with a Little Sister who manages to re-program the Vita-Chamber in Adonis Luxury Resort to restore Delta in both body and mind.
Disappointingly, Sofia explains how Delta's actions dealing with Grace Holloway, Stanley Poole, Gilbert Alexander, and the other Little Sisters have undone her training upon Eleanor. She regards Eleanor not as her child, but a monster shaped by the consequences of her Father.
Tossing aside her cigarette, she resigns herself and plays her trump card. Standing up, she calmly explains that the bond shared between father and daughter would be their undoing. She takes the pillow from the bed and, smothers Eleanor to stop her heart and sever the bond with Delta to force him into a coma. Delta panics and beats on the glass until the seal finally disengages. However, both he and Eleanor collapse onto the floor.
- "What Mother did to me left me very weak, or I would do this part myself. To save your life, I'm going to have to change… to be like you. From here, you should be able to locate the pieces of a Big Sister suit… Please, bring them to me."
- ―Eleanor Lamb[src]
Both Delta and Eleanor wake up to find that their bond has been severed, hastening his deteriorating physical condition. Delta is strapped to gurney in the Examination Rooms while Eleanor regains consciousness in the Quarantine Room. She manages to get a Little Sister to transfer his consciousness so he can escape. Viewing the prison through the eyes of a Little Sister, Delta must find pieces of a Big Sister suit to help Eleanor regain her strength.
Delta re-enters the Quarantine Room, transformed into an innocent playroom. Eleanor puts on the Big Sister suit as she thanks him and restores Delta to his body.
Behind the ScenesEdit
- Sofia Lamb's speech to Delta and Eleanor's responses after putting on the Big Sister suit will vary based on Delta's actions with Grace Holloway, Stanley Poole, Gilbert Alexander, and the other Little Sisters.
- Removed radio messages reveal that Sofia would have elaborated on the fates of Grace, Stanley, and Gil.
- Although her real father is never mentioned in-game, a removed ADAM message from Eleanor revealed that Delta was her biological father. The file was unused by the developers, but would have stated that Sofia Lamb bought Delta's DNA while he was imprisoned in Persephone. Sofia did not explicitly choose Delta; she simply needed the seed by which she could make Eleanor.
- The necklace that Eleanor wears features an Odal rune. Traditionally this rune mainly stands for inheritance, and it may symbolize Eleanor inheriting her mother's work and goals, or how Eleanor's personality changes based upon Subject Delta's actions in events of BioShock 2.
- According to unused radio messages, the red fluid flowing in the vertical tubes outside the Quarantine Room contains the city's ADAM reserves. Delta would have taken the master key from Eleanor to absorb the city's ADAM and forestall death.
- The audio diary must be taken from under the bed while visiting as a Little Sister. Otherwise, the Quarantine Room and the audio diary will be inaccessible to Subject Delta.
- The sunburst graffiti was designed by C.J. Green.
- ↑ Gilbert Alexander's audio diaries - A Father's Love, The Pair Bond Mechanism, and Outlived Usefulness
- ↑ Unused Radio Messages: Outer Persephone
"You had been a prisoner for some time father, and mother bought the rights to your genetic material to create me. She needed someone disposable. She didn't care who you were because she always intended to perfect me with ADAM and she wanted me all to herself."
"When mother lost me and I became a little sister, you had already been made a protector. When it came time to bond us into pairs father, they put us all in a room and let us choose. Even in my condition, I knew I was yours."
- ↑ Ethel Rune on Wikipedia
- ↑ Unused Radio Messages: Outer Persephone
- ↑ Christopher Green's portfolio
|Persephone Detention Facility|
|Outer Persephone||Examination Rooms · Quarantine Room · Office of Sofia Lamb · Cell Blocks|
|Inner Persephone||Docking Platform · Atlantic Express · Therapy · Infirmary · Holding|
|The Protector Trials||Persephone Cell Block F|