Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Nostrums were the passive abilities of BioShock Infinite, similar to the Gene Tonics of the other BioShock games, before being replaced by Gear. They were permanent character upgrades, and had no need to be equipped or managed. Nostrums allowed Booker DeWitt to be upgraded in a manner that suited a player's style. There was to be no limit to the amount of Nostrums that can be used. The player would have also come across unstable Nostrums, labelled "Pot Luck", which would've granted the user a choice of three different abilities. Once one Nostrum was chosen from those three, it could not be removed.
- Executioner: For Melee.
- Spring-Heeled: "You can fall much further without taking damage."
- Winter Shield: For Skylines.
Also a list of previously planned Nostrums can be found in the text files of the game. Though many don't bear any description on their respective abilities, some of those that do are similar to actual Gears. Others share names with Gears that appear in BioShock Infinite.
- Amateur Arms Bearer
- Amateur Ammosmith
- Amateur Chemist
- Bloody Dangerous
- Bronco Storm
- Clear Skies (also called Clear Skies Winter)
- Dashing Strike
- Expeditious Retreat
- Fade to Black (also called Fade to Black Juice)
- Fiery Aura
- Fool's Luck
- Hacker's Delight
- Ice Storm
- Insult to Injury
- Left Hand Spells Love
- Lost and Found: "When you throw an enemy off of Columbia, you get whatever he was carrying."
- Mesmerizing Melee
- Refill Ammo
- Reinforced Shield
- Soul Trap
- Sweet Tooth
- The Third Hand
- Thirst for Blood
- Thunder Storm
Behind the ScenesEdit
- The Nostrum Pot Luck would have used the same three-option selection mechanic as Infusions in the final game.
- ↑ GameInformer 210, October Edition, Page 59
- ↑ "Ken Levine Talks Vigors, Nostrums And Major Gameplay Changes For 'BioShock Infinite'" article by Russ Frushtick at multiplayerblog.mtv.com
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 BioShock Infinite E3 2011 Gameplay Demonstration