The Police are the enforcing arm of the Founders in Columbia, trained to use brute force against even the slightest questioning of Columbian beliefs. Booker encounters them at the Columbian Town Center, the Comstock Center Rooftops, Battleship Bay, Soldier's Field, and Finkton. Police guards on medium difficulty go down in 1-2 shots. However, as the game progresses and the character develops, it takes more and more shots to bring them down. The Police are a large branch of the Columbia Authority.
From the Town Center to Finkton, cops are recurring enemies, but significantly less so than their better armed and more resilient Soldier counterparts, and they stop appearing altogether after Finkton Proper. Wearing a greenish-brown uniform, and little to no protection, these patrolmen are found where the possibility of unrest is not likely. As such, they wield lighter weapons, such as truncheons, Pistols, and Sky-Hooks.
Police officers locationsEdit
- Columbia Raffle: The first cop can be found at a crossing arm, and more can be seen as Booker makes his way to the 1912 Columbia Raffle. Approaching them will initiate short dialogues. After the choice at the raffle, the police turn hostile and begin to swarm the area. The patrolling cops will come swinging along on the Sky-Lines with their Sky-Hooks. Most come with truncheons, with some carrying Broadsider Pistols. More cops will be encountered as the player journeys to the Blue Ribbon Restaurant. A few are seen inside a home at Comstock Center Rooftops sketching a criminal suspect to a civilian.
- Battleship Bay: A few policemen are seen at a security checkpoint placed outside the entrance to the Arcade frisking civilians and again inside the Arcade proper, but they are not hostile.
- Soldier's Field: Once the player steals something, fires any weapon, or attempts to activate the gondola to the First Lady's Aerodrome, cops will appear wielding flashlights along with their weapons, making it easier to spot them in the darker environment.
- Beggar's Wharf: Cops with truncheons and pistols can be found here, monitoring the workers, and sitting around in a nearby office. Using your weapons, or stealing anything will cause the cops to attack and call in reinforcements.
- Worker Induction Center: Several cops can be found around the level. Once the player uses a weapon, or attempts to possess a vending machine, all the cops in the level will turn hostile. However, the ones found near the service elevator are hostile, regardless. Quite a few are present when Booker first enters the Plaza of Zeal.
|Rank||Type||Health||Melee Damage||Ranged Damage|
|Enemies in BioShock Infinite|
|Basic||Columbia Citizen • Police • Soldier|
|Support||Gun Automaton • Rocket Automaton • Mosquito • Security Zeppelin • Barrage Automaton|
|Heavy Hitters||Beast • Boy of Silence • Fireman • Handyman • Motorized Patriot • Siren • Zealot of the Lady|
|Burial at Sea - Episode 1 and Episode 2||Beast • Bouncer • Frosty Splicer • Gun Automaton • Houdini Splicer • Leadhead Splicer • Ryan Security • Soldiers • Thuggish Splicer • Turret|