Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
"There is something more powerful than each of us, a combination
of our efforts, a Great Chain of industry that unites us." - Andrew Ryan
PlayStation All-Stars: Battle Royale, often abbreviated as PSASBR or PASBR and originally named Title Fight, is a crossover fighting game, developed by SuperBot Entertainment, and published by Sony Computer Entertainment for the PlayStation 3 video game console. It was revealed on April 26, 2012 during the GTTV television show. It was revealed at both E3 2012 and PlayStation's Facebook page that one of the new playable fighters for PlayStation All-Stars: Battle Royale was the Big Daddy Bouncer from BioShock (along with Nathan Drake from Uncharted). The Bouncer is the first multiplatform character confirmed in Sony's attempt for a crossover fighting game featuring PlayStation's iconic characters.
Storyline in Arcade ModeEdit
In a non-canonical story in the game, a Plasmid-enhanced Bouncer (referred in the game as simply "Big Daddy") and his Little Sister were just finding ADAM in Rapture. Suddenly, and abruptly, they're transported into an arena-like universe to fight the PlayStation All-Stars in their own different universes.
Near their journey, the Big Daddy and the Little Sister come across Sackboy (from Little Big Planet), who Little Sister admires for its cute and soft appearance. As Sackboy and Little Sister play jump-rope, Little Sister proclaims that she and Sackboy will never be separated by the likes of Big Daddy. Confused and enraged, the Big Daddy revs up its drill, preparing to fight the cloth-and-cotton intruder.
After their fight, they encounter Polygon Man, the original Mascot for PlayStation brand, who manifests as an End-Boss, summoning polygon-like versions of the PlayStation All-Stars to fight Big Daddy. After Polygon Man's defeat, both Big Daddy and Little Sister are transported back to Rapture. Both walk out, as if nothing happened, but not before a strange blue aura glows around Big Daddy.
- For a list of moves in PlayStation All Stars Battle Royale, see Big Daddy on the PlayStation All-Stars Wiki.
Note: All quotes are said by Andrew Ryan, via radio:
- The Parasites will be purged.
- The great...are not constrained by the small.
- During Flood:
- Remove them from my property or I'll burn it to the ground.
- They are my enemies; you are my poison.
- A few stretched necks are a small price to pay for our ideals.
- Their only reward will be a knife in their backs.
- A man chooses; a slave obeys.
- They've had their fun! Now make them learn what it truly means to be our enemy!
- As the Great Chain binds us, it tears the Parasite to pieces.
- They did not earn Rapture...and they shall not have it.
- You can kill me, but you'll never have my city.
- A Big Daddy appears as a playable character, mainly a Bouncer-type.
- A Little Sister appears as a minion and in his arcade mode.
- Alternate costumes for the Big Daddy are a Rosie costume (although it still retains the Bouncer's Drill arm), and the Big Daddy Plushie (based on the early version of Eleanor Lamb's doll) is available as a pre-order DLC.
Connections with BioShock InfiniteEdit
- Two stages include Columbia, both as its own stage, and in a crossover with the stage for Uncharted.
- The Murder of Crows Vigor appears as a usable item, which allows any player to summon crows.
- Elizabeth, Boy of Silence, and Motorized Patriot appear only as character icons.
Behind The ScenesEdit
- On July 29, 2012, according to both The Examiner and the Neogaf forums, a few players were able to discover a few unannounced details on the game's Beta through the data files. It's revealed that not only was there a Little Sister as the Big Daddy's "minion" character, but also the plushie alternate costume. But surprisingly, discovering an already planned inclusion of BioShock Infinite-related content, such as the Murder of Crows Vigor as a usable item, and a Columbia Stage.
- ↑ GameTrailers TV with Geoff Keighley on Wikipedia
- ↑ PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale Hands-On Preview on X-Play
- ↑ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K88GuTa25_A at 7:45
- ↑ Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale game modes, items and minions leaked on The Examiner
- ↑ Rumor: Leaked stages/characters from Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale on NeoGaf