- "With the PEPPERMILL, you will be slow, and you will be burdened, but you will also be unstoppable."
- ―Fink Manufacturing advertisement
|Damage||70 - 130|
|Rate of Fire||High|
|Maximum Ammunition||100 + 100|
|Ammunition||Crank Gun Ammo|
|Used by||Motorized Patriots|
The Peppermill, commonly referred as the Crank Gun, is a Gatling Gun and Heavy-class weapon used by Motorized Patriots in Columbia. Although Booker can use this weapon, his only access to them is by defeating Motorized Patriots and scavenging one from the remains, or in some locations, Elizabeth can permit access to the weapon via a tear. Reserve ammunition is rare and best-used for strong enemies such as Motorized Patriots and Handymen, as opposed to weaker enemies, like citizens
The Peppermill can do a minimum of 70 damage without being upgraded, and a maximum of 130 damage with upgrades applied to the weapon. It has a critical hit multiplier of 1.5 x damage. At the most, it can fire up to 1,500 rounds per minute, but can only hold 100 bullets in a magazine and 100 bullets in reserve. It is important to note that the Crank Gun does not have useable ironsights and relies entirely on hipfiring.
Although Booker is required to use both hands to fire the Peppermill, he is somehow able to fire it with only one hand whilst using a Sky Rail.
Weapon damage data from this post by MelodicMizery
- High damage per second
- High rate of fire
- Large-capacity magazine
- Surprisingly accurate
- Only found by defeating Motorized Patriots/opening tears
- Elizabeth does not provide extra ammo for it
- Slows player down when firing
- Requires brief wind-up time before firing
- Expends ammo quickly
- Extra ammo can not be purchased
- Long reload
- Cannot aim down sights, must be fired from the hip
- Completely useless with the "Tunnel Vision" Gear (-25% damage from hip firing)
- Requirement of two hands to operate makes it impossible to fire while holding onto a Sky-Hook or using the Sky-Line.
- The weapon owes its name to old-fashioned pepper dispensers, which require users to manually turn a crank to grind up the still-ball-shaped black pepper spheres into a fine grain
- Although hard to spot in-game, the Pepper-Mill's muzzle flash is the shape of a star
- Subject Delta uses a machine gun that functions similarly to the Pepper-Mill.
|Weapons in BioShock Infinite|
|Founders||Carbine · Crank Gun · Hand Cannon · Machine Gun · Pistol · RPG · Shotgun · Sky-Hook · Sniper Rifle · Volley Gun|
|Vox Populi||Burstgun · Hail Fire · Heater · Repeater|