Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- For the Multiplayer Level of Neptune's Bounty, see Neptune's Bounty (BioShock 2 Multiplayer).
- "It's scientific fact, that a diet rich in fish and sea greens improves cognitive function. Don't you want to be as brilliant as you can possibly be? Visit Neptune's Bounty..."
- ―Public Address Announcements[src]
Neptune's Bounty (occasionally referred to as Port Neptune) is the third level of BioShock. Jack reaches Neptune's Bounty by the emergency Bathysphere docked at the Medical Pavilion. His objective here is to obtain a Research Camera and pictures of three different Spider Splicers for a fisherman named Peach Wilkins in order to gain entry to the Smuggler's Hideout and escape the city with Atlas and his family.
Neptune's Bounty was a large fishery complex in Rapture where the vast majority of the city's fishing businesses were located. One of these businesses, Fontaine Fisheries, served as a cover for Fontaine's illegal smuggling operation.
A significant event which happened at Neptune's Bounty was the discovery of the Sea Slug which was found to produce ADAM. A fisherman with a crippled hand was bitten by one, and Dr. Brigid Tenenbaum noticed the man's hand had regenerated. It was through Dr. Tenenbaum's following experiments that ADAM, EVE, Plasmids, and Gene Tonics came to be developed in Rapture.
As the Rapture Port Authority began to crack down on the smuggling ring, it was eventually discovered who their ring leader was. This culminated in a large fight between Fontaine's followers and Ryan Security. Shocked by the huge number of citizens involved in the smuggling ring, the Rapture Central Council made smuggling a crime punishable by hanging.
In the first few weeks of the Civil War, after Atlas' "thugs" were forced out of Point Prometheus, they ran to Neptune's Bounty. They managed to keep control over the district for some time before finally being defeated by Ryan's forces, after which much of the district was locked up and the remaining smugglers decided to barricade themselves in Fontaine Fisheries for their own safety.
- Main article: BioShock
Rapture Metro Station Edit
To simply hang convicted smugglers wasn't enough for Ryan, who wanted to strike fear into those who endangered the city. The corpses of those hung for smuggling were publicly displayed at the metro station. The body of one smuggler is still there when Jack arrives. There are piles of seized smuggling evidence, a large number of fishing crates, and much debris which almost blocks the way.
A Bathysphere Schedule Board has fallen from the ceiling, apparently crushing a Big Daddy beneath it. In the corridor outside, the floor has collapsed and is partially flooded thanks to a leak in the ceiling. Outside the windows, bodies of drowned fishermen can be seen tangled in the seaweed, gently floating in the ocean currents. The shadow of a mysterious woman above crouches on the ground and growls as Jack pushes forward.
In the center of the Lower Wharf, Jack can clearly see a massive crane mechanism and giant gates which lead out to the ocean. Though disused now, these were most likely used to transfer the Subs into the docks. It was somewhere here that Tenenbaum identified the sea slug from which ADAM was discovered.
Upper Wharf was used as a cutting, packaging, and distribution area for the docks production, with some fish going to Fontaine Fisheries for freezing. Upper Wharf is the connection point where the workers can reach the Wharfmaster, the Jet Postal or the Fighting McDonagh's tavern after a hard day at work.
The Wharfmaster's Office is the highest floor of the Neptunes Bounty, and had been used as a police station in the docks. It was run by Sullivan, Ryan's chief of security, to regulate activities at Neptune's Bounty to enforce the law against smuggling. Much of the area is filled with evidence tapes and files. It seems to have fallen into disuse after Fontaine was killed, and Sullivan resigning over the death penalty being instituted for smuggling.
Fontaine Fisheries was essentially the "front" for the smugglers in Neptune's Bounty. Appearing as only a giant freezer for fish, it concealed an entrance to the Smuggler's Hideout. Enemies of Fontaine were tortured and killed here before being frozen beneath the ice; when Jack arrives he can use Incinerate! to reveal two of these people, one having tried to write It was Fontaine on the ground before dying. Peach Wilkins continued to run the fisheries even after Fontaine's apparent death, and it became a refuge for him and other smugglers during the end of the Rapture Civil War. It will be here that Jack will be forced to fight the remaining smugglers and Peach as the man's paranoia about Fontaine's "ghost" unhinges him.
Fighting McDonagh's was the place for rest at the end of a working day. It has a fancy entrance into a pub/bar area with windows looking out into the sea. Upstairs there are three rooms. One to the right was most likely being used as a safe-house, as it contains a safe, weaponry and a mattress. One to the left contains only a Splicer and a dead man, chained to a bed, along with other trivial items (accessing this room springs a Splicer ambush).
The Shorten Alarms Tonic is located in room #7. A code is required to unlock the room, and can be located in the Upper Wharf. As soon as you go up the stairs, and through the corridor from Lower Wharf to Upper Wharf, go left. In the next big opening is a small waterfall near the left wall. There you will find the audio diary for Masha Come Home. The recording reveals the code, 7533, which will open the door for room #7.
When you enter the room, you will find the audio diary Saw Masha Today. After playing it, the painting moves revealing the tonic, Shorten Alarms.
Opposite the Fighting McDonagh on the viaduct walkways is one of Rapture's Jet Postal installations, where mail was sorted and many of the mail system's network of Pneumo lines converge. A mail service window and mailboxes are located in the facility. One of the Spider Splicer which Peach Wilkins wants researched using the Research Camera is located here.
New Discoveries Edit
Single Use Events Edit
- There is 1 Power to the People vending machine
New Weaponry Edit
New Plasmids and Tonics (Found) Edit
- Medical Expert - Lower Wharf
- Security Bullseye - Upper Wharf
- Shorten Alarms - Fighting McDonagh, Room 7
- Wrench Lurker - On the ledge near the Gene Bank and Gatherer's Garden on the way back to Fontaine's Fisheries.
- Focused Hacker - In the entrance to Fontaine Fisheries, frozen in ice.
New Plasmids and Tonics (Available at a Gatherer's Garden) Edit
- Extra Nutrition - Price: 20 ADAM
- Machine Buster - Price: 20 ADAM
- Plasmid Slot - Price: 100 ADAM
- Sonic Boom Price: 40 ADAM
- Target Dummy - Price: 60 ADAM
- Winter Blast - Price: 60 ADAM
New Enemies Edit
Coded Doors Edit
- Lower Wharf - 5380
- Fighting McDonagh, Room 7 - 7533
- For Radio Messages in Neptune's Bounty, see Radio Messages: Neptune's Bounty - Smuggler's Hideout.
- Sullivan - Timmy H. Interrogation
- Andrew Ryan - Fontaine Must Go
- Sullivan - Bathysphere Keys
- Brigid Tenenbaum - Finding the Sea Slug
- Mariska Lutz - Masha Come Home
- Sullivan - Picked Up Timmy H.
- Andrew Ryan - Watch Fontaine
- Sullivan - Have My Badge
- Brigid Tenenbaum - Adam Discovery
- Bill McDonagh - Eden Leaking
- Brigid Tenenbaum - Fontaine's Smugglers
- Andrew Ryan - Death Penalty in Rapture
- Sullivan - Smuggling Ring
- Andrew Ryan - Working Late Again
- Bill McDonagh - Arresting Fontaine
- Mariska Lutz - Saw Masha Today
- Bill McDonagh - Meeting Ryan
- Peach Wilkins - Putting the Screws On
- Bill McDonagh - Rapture Changing
Hallways to Lower Wharf
Peach Wilkins' Room 1
Lower Wharf, 2nd Visit
Halls to Upper Wharf
Stairs to Wharfmaster's Office
Halls to Jet Postal
Fighting McDonagh's Tavern
Back to Glass Passage
Peach Wilkins Battle
Return for Ammo and Lower Wharf
First Lower Wharf Area
Exit, Freezer Right
- This level is one of the locations of the extra Little Sister bug.
- With the Xbox 360, if the player downloaded the 1.1 patch and DLC and loads the Plasmid Sonic Boom at the Gatherer's Garden, the player may experience the fourth Little Sister glitch in this level. A possibly related side effect off this is that the player cannot pick up ammo, even if the player's weapon is not at full capacity, until all of that ammo type has been discharged.[confirmation needed]
Behind the ScenesEdit
- The area of Neptune's Bounty that Jack visits during the events of BioShock is listed as Pier 4 on a number of signs on the Upper Warf. This would suggest that Jack only visits the Fontaine Fisheries' pier and that there are larger unseen portions of Neptune's Bounty.
- Despite the fact that Atlas had originally planned for Jack to go directly to Neptune's Bounty from the Transit Hub in Rapture's Welcome Area, nowhere in Neptune's Bounty will the player find a passage leading to the Welcome Area. There are not even any locked doors or blocked hallways which might lead to other areas in Neptune's Bounty containing such a passage.
- In one of the lower rooms of Fighting McDonagh's Tavern, a Big Daddy can be observed outside a window. If one were to go into No-Clip Mode (PC/Mac Only) and pass through this window, they'd find this Big Daddy to have fully functional AI. Upon attacking the player, it will return to speeds comparable to being out of water.
- In Roman mythology, Neptune is the god of water and the sea and his bounty is the sea food, hence the name of this district of Rapture (the Greek equivalent is Poseidon).