Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- "Now I just gotta stop by the Thrifty Care to pick up a med hypo, just to be safe."
- ―Dieter Sonnekalb[src]
The Med Hypo was originally a usable item to replenish health during the early development of BioShock. Instead of filling the health bar like a First Aid Kit, the Med Hypo gives a boost of at least 30% health, but with an additional process of slowly filling the player's health bar for at least eight seconds.
Behind the ScenesEdit
- The model, texture, and attributes can still be found in the game files through Console Commands.
- In the Development Walkthrough video of BioShock: Hunting The Big Daddy, the Med Hypo only appears as a loot icon, rather than an actual item. The icon indicates that it used green fluid, much like the beta green health bar.
- The back of the BioShock PS3 manual and the BioShock: Breaking the Mold artbook endpapers display a Med Hypo advertisement.
- Med Hypos are the equivalent of First Aid Kits in the the System Shock game series.
- The Med Hypo can also be found in the game files of BioShock 2 Multiplayer, with an updated model and textures.