Mauricio Tejerina worked as an Artist Assistant in New York while doing some freelance illustration and fine arts in both the Dominican Republic and Spain. This background made him a skilled landscape painter and photographer.
He eventually moved to Boston, Massachusetts where he made terrain and environmental art for several Looking Glass Studios game projects, including Miniracer and Flight Unlimited III. He was later hired by Irrational Games, and was responsible for creating the "Von Braun" and most of the world objects in System Shock 2. From then on he worked on many more Irrational Games projects, including Tribes: Vengeance, SWAT 4, BioShock, and BioShock Infinite. Tejerina provided several environmental, enemy, machine and weapon concepts for BioShock as well as designing and modeling both the Circus of Values and El Ammo Bandito vending machines, Gene Bank, Vita-Chamber and several weapons, including the Wrench. During production of BioShock Infinite, he was responsible for designing the Sky-Hooks in collaboration with Robb Waters and Adam Bolton. He fully designed over 15 weapons from concepts to the in-game model. The Voxophone and the Vigor bottles were also designed by Mauricio Tejerina.
Mauricio Tejerina provided the voice for the El Ammo Bandito vending machine.
|2007||BioShock||2K Boston / 2K Australia||Concept Art, Modeler, Additional UI Support|
|2008||Challenge Rooms||2K Boston / 2K Australia||PS3™ system Downloadable Content Art|
|2013||BioShock Infinite||Irrational Games||Concept Art|
|2013||Burial at Sea - Episode 1||Irrational Games||Concept Art|
|2014||Burial at Sea - Episode 2||Irrational Games||Concept Art|
|1999||Flight Unlimited III||Looking Glass Studios, Inc.||???|
|1999||System Shock 2||Irrational Games||3D Artist|
|2004||Tribes: Vengeance||Irrational Games||???|
|2005||SWAT 4||Irrational Games||Art|
- ↑ Mauricio Tejerina, Facebook profile
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 Mauricio Tejerina developer bio at MobyGames.com
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 3.3 3.4 "Featured Employee: Mauricio Tejerina" article at IrrationalGames.com
- ↑ BioShock on Mauricio Tejerina's Coroflot Profile
- ↑ "Win Our Sky-Hook Prototype" article at IrrationalGames.com
- ↑ BioShock Infinite on Mauricio Tejerina's Coroflot Profile
- ↑ Featured Employee: Mauricio Tejerina on IrrationalGames
- ↑ System Shock 2 credits, MobyGames.com
- ↑ SWAT 4 credits, MobyGames.com