Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- "See young Fitzpatrick here on the stage. Use your camera. Take him as he is now, so I may remember him."
- ―Sander Cohen[src]
Kyle Fitzpatrick was one of Sander Cohen's unfortunate disciples and had the misfortune of taking a rather "explosive" final piano lesson from Cohen. He is the first of four disciples that Jack needs to photograph to complete Cohen's Quadtych.
- Main article: BioShock
When Jack encounters Fitzpatrick, the latter is plastered from the waist down to a piano rigged with explosives in Fleet Hall. He is forced to play Cohen's Scherzo #7 well enough to satisfy his mentor, but Cohen is displeased and demands that he continue playing until he gets it right. Eventually, Fitzpatrick gives up in frustration, which triggers the piano to explode, killing him instantly.
The player may also choose to kill Fitzpatrick before Sander Cohen does, either by shooting the dynamite on the piano or shooting Fitzpatrick himself, resulting in Cohen remarking, "Well, that was quicker than I hoped."
Burial at Sea - Episode 1Edit
- Main article: Burial at Sea - Episode 1
In the downloadable content Burial at Sea - Episode 1, Fitzpatrick was present at Cohen's on the 31st of December 1958. Behind the scenes, he operates controls while Sander Cohen creates an abstract painting of two dancers. When the performers' lack of enthusiasm and overall dedication to their waltz angers Cohen, he follows his mentor's order to electrocute both of them. After Cohen enlists Booker DeWitt and Elizabeth to replace the dancers, Fitzpatrick is again commanded to electrocute them when they fail to meet Cohen's high standards.
- "Mister Cohen, please…"
- "I'm trying… Please…!"
- "Oh Cohen, you sick fuck, let me out of this!"
- In certain rare instances, if Fitzpatrick is frozen (Chemical Thrower will work better than Winter Blast) and then shattered with an instant kill (such as with the Shotgun), his body will disappear and it will be impossible to photograph him to complete the objective. An example of the result can be seen here.
Behind the ScenesEdit
- Kyle Fitzpatrick doesn't have an Audio Diary in BioShock, so his Audio Diary portrait was left unused, but can still be found in the game files.
- Like all of Cohen's disciples, Fitzpatrick uses the "Toasty" Splicer model.
- The explosives on the piano are labeled TNT, yet they look like sticks of dynamite. There is a common misconception that these two explosives are one and the same, but the two aren't even related compounds.