|Involvement in the BioShock series|
|BioShock 2||Lead Level Designer|
Before he became a game designer, Jean-Paul LeBreton studied computer art at the Savannah College of Art and Design in Georgia. He originally intended to be an artist and animator, but he began working on level design projects in his free time. This level design work in his portfolio snagged him a job right out of college. He started out working on both environment art and level design for games, since at that time it was rare for game development studios to have full-time artists on their payroll.
From 2000 to 2004, he worked as a level designer on various games created by Human Head Studios. In 2005, he worked for Blue Fang Games during production of Zoo Tycoon 2. Some time before March 2006, he was hired by Irrational Games to be a designer during development of BioShock. He worked on the Arcadia level among others.
When the 2K Marin studio was created, Jean-Paul LeBreton left Irrational Games to be Lead Level Designer of the team developing BioShock 2. His wife was also involved in making BioShock 2 and contributed to the development of the Minerva's Den DLC. In July 2011, he left 2K Marin to become a designer at Double Fine Productions.
|2007||BioShock||2K Boston / 2K Australia||Design Team, PS3 system Design Support|
|2010||BioShock 2||2K Marin||Lead Level Designer|
|2000||Blair Witch, Volume II: The Legend of Coffin Rock||Human Head Studios, Inc.||Level Designer|
|2001||Rune: Halls of Valhalla||Human Head Studios, Inc.||Level Designer|
|2001||Rune Gold||Human Head Studios, Inc.||Level Designer|
|2004||Dead Man's Hand||Human Head Studios, Inc.||Additional Development|
|2005||Zoo Tycoon 2: Endangered Species||Blue Fang Games, LLC||Production|
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 "Arcadia Demade designer commentary" by Jean-Paul LeBreton on his blog, Vector Poem
- ↑ "GDC 2012 - Jean-Paul LeBreton Presentation and Q & A" video at Design3.com
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 "Blair Witch, Volume II: The Legend of Coffin Rock" credits page, MobyGames.com
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 "Rune: Halls of Valhalla" credits page, MobyGames.com
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 "Rune Gold" credits page, MobyGames.com
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 "Dead Man's Hand" credits page, MobyGames.com
- ↑ 7.0 7.1 "Zoo Tycoon 2: Endangered Species" credits page, MobyGames.com
- ↑ "Walking the Talking" post by Jean-Paul LeBreton on his blog, Vector Poem
- ↑ "Public Service Pronouncement" post by Jean-Paul LeBreton on his blog, Vector Poem