Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Jay Kyburz was one of the first team members hired to work at Irrational Games' Australian studio (later known as 2K Australia). His first job at Irrational was Lead Artist during development of Freedom Force. He faced many challenges due to the fact that there were only 2 other artists working on the project at the time that he was hired, and neither of the two had worked in games before. The team had to build the game essentially from scratch, because at the time they had no level editor or tools to import assets into the Gamebryo Engine. As a result, Jay Kyburz did a lot of coding with MAXscript.
Later he became Lead Level Designer of Tribes: Vengeance, developing four single player levels and two multiplayer maps for the game. He was also the Lead Designer of the Swat: Stetchkov Syndicate expansion for Irrational's Swat 4.
During production of BioShock, Jay Kyburz was part of the art team. He was involved in creating the Arcadia, Farmer's Market, Point Prometheus and Proving Grounds levels. Some time during production of BioShock, Jay Kyburz moved to a different team focusing on 2K Australia's next game project. He eventually left to form his own independent developer, called Iron Helmet, and released the free, browser-based multiplayer strategy game Neptune's Pride.
|2007||BioShock||2K Boston / 2K Australia||Acting Environment Lead, Level Builder, Additional Production Support|
|2010||BioShock 2||2K Marin / 2K Australia||2K Australia team|
|2000||Warlords: Battlecry||SSG Strategic Studies Group Pty Ltd.||Additional 3D Artwork|
|2002||Warlords: Battlecry II||SSG Strategic Studies Group Pty Ltd.||3D Artist|
|2002||Freedom Force||Irrational Games||Freedom Force Team|
|2003||Warlords IV: Heroes of Etheria||Infinite Interactive Pty. Ltd.||Additional Artists|
|2004||Tribes: Vengeance||Irrational Games||Lead Level Designer|
|2005||Freedom Force vs The 3rd Reich||Irrational Games||Designer|
|2006||Swat 4: The Stetchkov Syndicate||Irrational Games||Producer, Design|
|???||Neptune's Pride||Iron Helmet||???|
|???||Blight of the Immortals||Iron Helmet||???|
|???||Jupiter's Folly||Iron Helmet||???|
|???||Tomb Tap||Iron Helmet||???|
|???||Kitty Tap||Iron Helmet||???|
- ↑ Freedom Force, Jay Kyburz' home page
- ↑ "Tribes: Vengeance", Jay Kyburz' home page
- ↑ SWAT 4: The Stetchkov Syndicate, Jay Kyburz' home page
- ↑ "BioShock", Jay Kyburz' home page
- ↑ "Interview: Jay Kyburz" article on Edge-Online.com
- ↑ "Warlords: Battlecry" credits page at MobyGames.com
- ↑ "Warlords: Battlecry 2" credits page at MobyGames.com
- ↑ "Freedom Force" credits page at MobyGames.com
- ↑ "Warlords IV: Heroes of Etheria" credits page at MobyGames.com
- ↑ "Tribes: Vengeance" credits page at MobyGames.com
- ↑ "Freedom Force vs The 3rd Reich" credits page at MobyGames.com
- ↑ "Swat 4: The Stetchkov Syndicate" credits page at MobyGames.com