Ironsides is a new Vigor introduced in BioShock Infinite: Burial at Sea - Episode 2. It allows the player to capture bullets in mid-air and contain them for further ammo. It is first found on The First Lady Airship, when Elizabeth uses the Tear to gain access to Columbia. Upgrades for this Vigor can be found around Columbia.
Burial at Sea - Episode 2Edit
- Main article: Burial at Sea - Episode 2
- As ammunition is limited in Burial at Sea - Episode 2, Ironsides is a good way to replenish ammunition.
- The ammunition captured will be transformed into the ammunition of the weapon the player is wielding while the Vigor is cast.
- This is a great way to fill up on rare ammunition, like Noisemaker Bolts.
- Melee hits will also be transformed into ammunition.
- Standing in front of an enemy turret while using the Vigor, will give the player a large amount of ammunition.
- When attacked, the Vigor is used as a great shield.
- Ironsides uses a large amount of EVE/Salts.
Concept and RenderingEdit
Behind the ScenesEdit
- This Vigor can be seen as a non-offensive variant of Return to Sender, with the additional effect of traps being able to catch and absorb ammo, health, and EVE/Salts too.
|Plasmids/Vigors in the BioShock series|
|Plasmids in BioShock||Cyclone Trap · Electro Bolt · Enrage · Hypnotize Big Daddy · Incinerate! · Insect Swarm · Security Bullseye · Sonic Boom · Target Dummy · Telekinesis · Winter Blast|
|Plasmids in BioShock 2||Cyclone Trap · Decoy · Electro Bolt · Hypnotize · Incinerate! · Insect Swarm · Scout · Security Command · Telekinesis · Winter Blast · Summon Eleanor|
|Gravity Well (Minerva's Den)|
|Plasmids in BioShock 2 Multiplayer||Aero Dash · Electro Bolt · Geyser Trap · Houdini · Incinerate! · Insect Swarm · Telekinesis · Winter Blast|
|Vigors in BioShock Infinite||Bucking Bronco · Charge · Devil's Kiss · Murder of Crows · Possession · Return to Sender · Shock Jockey · Undertow|
|Plasmids and Vigors in Burial at Sea - Episode 1 and Burial at Sea - Episode 2||Bucking Bronco · Devil's Kiss · Ironsides · Old Man Winter · Peeping Tom · Possession · Shock Jockey|
|Removed Plasmids from BioShock||Aggressor Irritant · Parasitic Healing · Sanctuary · Speed Booster · Teleportation|