Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- "Fire at your Fingertips!"
The targeted enemy or object is immediately engulfed in flames, causing fire damage over time until the enemy is dead or the flames die out. It is effective against all enemies, except for those that are resistant or immune to fire attacks. Objects located in the environment may also be ignited; propane tanks and similar items can even be exploded. Incinerate! has an area of effect, so enemies and objects closely gathered near or in contact with the ignited target will be set aflame as well. Enemies can negate the effects by running in water, and enemies and objects in water will not be affected. Incinerate! also melts ice, which is necessary for traveling to some areas.
- Main article: BioShock
In BioShock, Incinerate! is the second Plasmid gained by the player, and it is required to advance through the Medical Pavilion level.
In Worlds of Hurt, Incinerate! 2 can be bought at the Gatherer's Garden in the central hub for 90 ADAM.
- The fire damage per second from multiple castings of Incinerate! will stack.
- This Plasmid is very effective when utilized with hit, run, and hide tactics. Enemies ignited at a distance will probably die before reaching the player to attack. It is recommended to cast the Plasmid before initiating a fight and especially at faraway targets, since the only Splicers able to attack the player from a distance are the Leadhead, Houdini and the Nitro Splicer.
- An ignited enemy will try to seek out nearby water to douse the flames. Electro Bolt is a useful counterpart to Incinerate! for this reason, as it will allow the player to cause significant electric damage by electrifying the water.
- Using Incinerate! in conjunction with Telekinesis will allow the player to set up improvised explosives as either traps or direct payloads. Move explosive objects into position and ignite them, or ignite objects (preferably alcohol) and then toss them. Additionally, objects can be piled up and ignited to create flaming traps. The more objects used, the more damage will be done to enemies when they touch them. Fire traps will anger Big Daddies, so deploy them with caution.
- Incinerate! can be used in conjunction with Insect Swarm but there is a catch: Insect Swarms have no difficulty in swarming a target that is already engulfed in flames, but if fire is applied to a target that is already being swarmed, the bees will be killed off. To make the most of both Plasmids, it is important to strike with Incinerate! first, and Insect Swarm second.
- The Human Inferno line of Tonics will greatly increase fire damage dealt, and as such go perfectly with this Plasmid.
- The Damage Research line of Gene Tonics will increase damage versus researched enemies.
- EVE Saver will reduce the amount of EVE needed to cast the Plasmid.
- Natural Camouflage will help the player hide from enemies before setting them on fire.
Appearance in BioShockEdit
- Main article: BioShock 2
Incinerate! returns in BioShock 2. It is the third Plasmid to be gained by the player, and it is required to advance beyond Ryan Amusements.
- The EVE Saver line of Tonics will significantly reduce the amount of EVE consumed when using Plasmids.
- Elemental Vampire will drain health from enemies while using Incinerate! 3's continuous flame attack.
- Damage Research will significantly increase damage against researched enemies.
- Drill Specialist will reduce the player's offensive arsenal to the Drill, in exchange for a greatly decreased Plasmid casting cost.
- Walking Inferno will significantly increase fire damage dealt, as well as increase fire resistance.
- Fountain of Youth restores health and EVE when in water, which can allow constant (and free) use of this Plasmid without using any EVE Hypos.
Appearance in BioShock 2Edit
BioShock 2 MultiplayerEdit
- Main article: BioShock 2 Multiplayer
In the multiplayer, Incinerate! functions similarly to its single player counterpart, with a few differences. It can be used to unfreeze teammates and friendly machines under the effects of Winter Blast, as well as to melt the ice on frozen doors. If the player is on fire, running into enemies will ignite them as well, along with any flammable objects. On the other hand, touching water or being hit with Winter Blast puts out the fire.
- Avoid getting too close to anyone under the effects of this Plasmid, as it will spread to the player. If a nearby enemy just set the player on fire, running into them will return the favor.
- Casting this Plasmid on the scenery will temporarily ignite the area it hits, setting any enemy who steps on it on fire. Enemies in contact with an oil slick will take extra damage from the flames. Coupled with the above tactic, a single cast of this Plasmid can kill multiple enemies on its own.
- Setting an explosive on fire will turn it into a time bomb, killing any enemies in its range.
- Setting an object on fire and throwing it with Telekinesis will cause it to set the target on fire.
- Conversely, any object thrown with Telekinesis while the player is on fire will also ignite any enemy it hits.
- Using this Plasmid on a Turret will temporarily disable it.
- Although using this Plasmid to unfreeze a teammate will cost a portion of the player's EVE, it usually pays off, as they will be less vulnerable to enemy fire and thus will be in a better position to help the player.
- EVE Saver will decrease the EVE cost when casting this Plasmid.
- Metabolic EVE will allow the player to regenerate EVE after casting this Plasmid.
- Speedy Recovery will allow the player to quickly heal after being hit by this Plasmid.
- If the player has a tendency to die after catching fire (which usually happens when using Incinerate! in close quarters), Resurrection will give the player a second chance.
Appearance in BioShock 2 MultiplayerEdit
Behind the ScenesEdit
- In the BioShock Demo for Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and PC, Incinerate! is found in the women's bathroom of the Kashmir Restaurant.
- In the early stages of the game, Incinerate!'s icon was originally a ball of flame instead of a lit match, as shown in the BioShock Developer Walkthrough video.
- Incinerate! is found already upgraded to advanced version in Minerva's Den, and is the only Plasmid or Vigor found as such without being bought from a vending machine.
- Incinerate! is normally required to advance past the Medical Pavilion level in BioShock, since it is needed to melt the ice blocking part of the level. However, a skilled player can take advantage of the scripted event of a Nitro Splicer bursting out of the Eternal Flame Crematorium to ignite a part of the scenery, such as a bucket, then use the Wrench to quickly knock the flaming object down to the ice obstruction, thereby melting it. An easier method is to use any fire source in the level (such as on the Eternal Flame sign) to ignite an object hold by Telekinesis.
- The Devil's Kiss Vigor, which is also a drinkable Plasmid in Burial at Sea - Episode 1, also produces flame and can light fire from a snap of the fingers. Its attack however only generates a fire ball to be thrown on the ground rather than shot in a horizontal direction.
- ↑ BioShock Demo (PS3) 2/3 video by DerfsonicGaming on YouTube
- ↑ BioShock (Developer Walkthrough) 720p on YouTube
- ↑ BioShock Speedrun Part 3: Medical Pavilion 2:55 in 15 Segments video by ExplodingCabage on YouTube
|Plasmids/Vigors in the BioShock series|
|Plasmids in BioShock||Cyclone Trap · Electro Bolt · Enrage · Hypnotize Big Daddy · Incinerate! · Insect Swarm · Security Bullseye · Sonic Boom · Target Dummy · Telekinesis · Winter Blast|
|Plasmids in BioShock 2||Cyclone Trap · Decoy · Electro Bolt · Hypnotize · Incinerate! · Insect Swarm · Scout · Security Command · Telekinesis · Winter Blast · Summon Eleanor|
|Gravity Well (Minerva's Den)|
|Plasmids in BioShock 2 Multiplayer||Aero Dash · Electro Bolt · Geyser Trap · Houdini · Incinerate! · Insect Swarm · Telekinesis · Winter Blast|
|Vigors in BioShock Infinite||Bucking Bronco · Charge · Devil's Kiss · Murder of Crows · Possession · Return to Sender · Shock Jockey · Undertow|
|Plasmids and Vigors in Burial at Sea - Episode 1 and Burial at Sea - Episode 2||Bucking Bronco · Devil's Kiss · Ironsides · Old Man Winter · Peeping Tom · Possession · Shock Jockey|
|Removed Plasmids from BioShock||Aggressor Irritant · Parasitic Healing · Sanctuary · Speed Booster · Teleportation|