"There is something more powerful than each of us, a combination of our efforts, a Great Chain of industry that unites us. But it is only when we struggle in our own interest that the chain pulls society in the right direction..." - Andrew Ryan
- “...fair, cloudless skies, warm temperatures, and light, variable winds throughout the afternoon. In short, a beautiful day for the festivities, Columbia... And now, back to the music...”
- ― Radio announcer[src]
- Main article: BioShock Infinite
After the parade floats pass by, Booker crosses the bridge to encounter the Chas. A. White Supply building docking into place on the left. A group of citizens discussing politics cluster outside the Grocery. A Kinetoscope can be viewed against the wall while a poster warns against the False Shepherd.
Inside the store, the radio announcer comments on the beautiful day while a customer pays for his purchase via the Honor System. The owner has left his store open for customers on the way to the raffle. Booker can choose to pay for the supplies in the store, forgo payment, or even pocket the takings for himself.
The store is well stocked with produce neatly arranged in bins, boxes lined up on the shelves, and carcasses of meat hanging from the ceiling.
Some of the provisions advertised are Mathew's Whisky, Carter's Condensed Milk, Brown's Dark Chocolate, Taylor's Soap, Sparkle Dry Soap, Clarke Naphtha, and Gilbert's Tasty Dressing.
Behind the ScenesEdit
- After the radio announcement concludes, Ben Bernie's "Ain't She Sweet" will play.
- A defaced Grocery store can be briefly seen in the 2011 E3 BioShock Infinite 15 minute gameplay demo. The storefront is vandalized with red paint while a citizen tackles and beats up another for food. Elizabeth gasps and Booker remarks, "Best if we don't draw attention to ourselves."
- ↑ BioShock: Infinite E3 2011 Gameplay Demo (PS3, Xbox 360) @6:25 on GameSpot