Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Gravity Well is a Plasmid introduced for the Minerva's Den DLC for BioShock 2. It allows Subject Sigma to throw a superdense polyp which then bursts after a moment (upon impact if it hits an enemy), sucking in nearby objects, corpses and enemies into a swirling vortex of destruction.
- When thrown, the Plasmid will bounce upon contact with the scenery, and will only detonate after a set amount of time (around one and a half seconds). If thrown at an enemy, it will automatically detonate.
- Although the Plasmid doesn't deal damage on its own at level 1, enemies will take damage whenever they collide with another object.
- It's recommended to fire this Plasmid in the middle of a group, as it will attract every enemy towards it, causing affected enemies to collide into each other and take large amounts of damage.
- Stunned enemies will be splayed across the floor, making it difficult to land a headshot. Try laying a Gravity Well in front of the target, so that they fall flat on their face and expose it to the player.
- Gravity Well can pull enemies through certain walls, although it won't damage them.
- Avoid firing this Plasmid around if there are friendly Bots nearby, as it will drag them in and damage them too.
- Electromagnetic Locks can be disabled by this Plasmid.
- The EVE Saver line of Tonics reduces the EVE cost of using Plasmids.
- Drill Specialist greatly decreases the Plasmid's EVE cost, but limits the player's weapon selection to the Drill.
- Fountain of Youth restores Health and EVE when in water, which can allow constant (and free) use of this Plasmid.
Behind the ScenesEdit
- The game files also list this Plasmid as "Vortex" and "BioGrenade."
- A "gravity well" or "gravitational well" is a conceptual model of the gravitational field surrounding a body in space. The more massive the body, the deeper and more extensive the gravity well associated with it.
|Plasmids/Vigors in the BioShock series|
|Plasmids in BioShock||Cyclone Trap · Electro Bolt · Enrage · Hypnotize Big Daddy · Incinerate! · Insect Swarm · Security Bullseye · Sonic Boom · Target Dummy · Telekinesis · Winter Blast|
|Plasmids in BioShock 2||Cyclone Trap · Decoy · Electro Bolt · Hypnotize · Incinerate! · Insect Swarm · Scout · Security Command · Telekinesis · Winter Blast · Summon Eleanor|
|Gravity Well (Minerva's Den)|
|Plasmids in BioShock 2 Multiplayer||Aero Dash · Electro Bolt · Geyser Trap · Houdini · Incinerate! · Insect Swarm · Telekinesis · Winter Blast|
|Vigors in BioShock Infinite||Bucking Bronco · Charge · Devil's Kiss · Murder of Crows · Possession · Return to Sender · Shock Jockey · Undertow|
|Plasmids and Vigors in Burial at Sea - Episode 1 and Burial at Sea - Episode 2||Bucking Bronco · Devil's Kiss · Ironsides · Old Man Winter · Peeping Tom · Possession · Shock Jockey|
|Removed Plasmids from BioShock||Aggressor Irritant · Parasitic Healing · Sanctuary · Speed Booster · Teleportation|