- "Spare some coin friend.... Not all of us are "gainfully employed" down here."
- ―Homeless Man
The Graveyard Shift is a local bar within Shantytown. This is where the lower-class citizens (a number of which make up the Vox Populi) come to hang out. A Shotgun-toting barkeep stands behind the counter, ready to shoot anyone who dares to search the crates beneath or grab the phial of Salts on the shelves. In the basement is a guitar which Booker DeWitt can play, which will prompt Elizabeth to sing "Will the Circle be Unbroken?"
- Main article: BioShock Infinite
When Booker and Elizabeth happen upon the Graveyard Shift for the first time, two men armed with Broadsiders confront them and open fire upon them. Once the robbers have been dealt with accordingly, Booker and Elizabeth enter the place and are beset by the gloomy atmosphere. Three functional vending machines stand up against the wall as a reminder of happier times. The barkeep behind the counter is always ready to protect the supplies beneath.
Heading down into the basement, Elizabeth happens upon a child hiding under the steps. Elizabeth hands the child an orange from the shelf when he plays the guitar.
Upon returning to the Graveyard Shift after opening the Tear in the Bull House Impound, Booker and Elizabeth happen upon a group of Vox militants posing among the fallen corpse of Samuel Gerst, holding a recording from his wife Hattie. The inside of the bar has been redecorated with streaks of red cloth and red paint. The people inside the bar now drink to the ensuing revolution. Messages from Daisy Fitzroy are announced on the radio. Crates full of supplies for the Vox troops lie in front of the counter. On the counter is a recording from the martyr Booker of this universe.
Behind the ScenesEdit
- The song playing on the phonograph is a variant of "Tainted Love" by Gloria Jones, which was released in 1964 and more iconically covered by Soft Cell in 1981.
- A piano plays the hymn "Just a Closer Walk with Thee" in the building closest to the outside stairs. If the player is positioned correctly at the top of the stairs, Elizabeth will lean against the post and hum in accompaniment. Otherwise, the piano will play solo.
- A bottle of absinthe can be found on top of a searchable crate. The key to the Chest in the Impound can also be found in the basement.
- If Booker possesses the machines, searches behind the counter, or fires any weapon while inside the place, a fight breaks out. This doesn't happen in the Vox Revolution universe, which allows the player to search at their leisure.
- The sign's filename is BourbonStreetSign, possibly a reference to the historic street in New Orleans' French Quarter. It also features painted wood reminiscent of the colorful Jamaica-inspired housing of previous iterations of Shantytown.
- In Burial at Sea - Episode 2 a Fitzroy propaganda Kinetoscope was confiscated from here.