- "Welcome to the Good Time Club, sir or madam! Where the lions roar! The show is about to begin!"
- ―Good Time Club Automaton[src]
Located in the Plaza of Zeal, the Good Time Club is where (when allowed) higher ranked workers can take their ease after work. It has lavish interiors and overall is an appealing environment. A multistory theatre with a long stage furnishes entertainment, while the clientele enjoy a drink at one of several bars or a cigar in the smoking room.
On its surface, the Good Time Club was established as a means of impressing potential investors and a venue serving upper class citizenry. It served to reward employees higher up in the Fink MFG hierarchy for their hard work. The club offered a new theatre show every Monday, charging 10 cents for seniors and 5 cents for juniors. Beneath its surface, the club serves as a base for Fink to maintain power over his workhouse and to snub out worker unrest. Labor agitators and Vox Populi agents are taken to the club to be interrogated and frequently eliminated. A large furnace on its bottom floor is used to dispose of Vox altered weapons and propaganda.
- Main article: BioShock Infinite
Good Time ClubEdit
Booker and Elizabeth must visit the Good Time Club to find the gunsmith Chen Lin after his wife informs them that he had been taken there by the Flying Squad. As the pair approach the building, the marquee reads "BOOKER DEWITT AUDITION TODAY!"
Upon arrival, the duo note that the place is deserted, save for the bloody corpse hanging from the clock in the lobby. Booker is instantly greeted by Fink, who comments on finding himself in need of a brutish Pinkerton such as Booker for security reasons. Fink has Booker battle against three other candidates whom he is considering for the job. First, Booker battles a Fireman, followed by a Zealot of the Lady, and last of all, a Motorized Patriot. Once they are all defeated, Fink admits to knowing of Booker's deal with Fitzroy to get Chen Lin. Booker rejects the employment offer, which angers Fink.
Some valuables are located throughout the club, such as a lockpicking kit behind a bar on the second floor. In the smoking lounge, Booker finds a piece of Gear and a three lockpick safe containing Silver Eagles. The Wine Cellar has a "Free Sample" Infusion and a Lockpick under a booth.
- "Lions walk with lions, DeWitt, not hyenas!"
- ―Jeremiah Fink[src]
Booker and Elizabeth then journey backstage and down to the lower cells of the club. They find wanted posters for Fitzroy and Downs, along with a Vox Populi Code Book in the disposal area. They come across a few workers locked up or dead in cells. If Booker chose not to kill Cornelius Slate at the Hall of Heroes, he'll find the man lobotomized in cell 6. There's not much to see in cell 7 (except for a prisoner overcome with comatose), but there is a Salt phial that can replenish Booker's meter. Cell 8 is locked and will require five picks to enter, but there's a Gear piece inside.
Upon further travelling, Booker finds Chen Lin tortured and murdered in the bottom of cell number 9. Rosalind and Robert Lutece suddenly appear out of nowhere to reveal a Tear to a universe where Chen Lin was never murdered.
Through the TearEdit
- "It's another world. Another Columbia."
Elizabeth opens the Tear to a changed reality where the prison is filled with Vox agents and workers. Passing through the projection room, a running film reveals that while Lin was interrogated, he was suddenly ordered released by someone named Scofield. Two of the guards killed earlier are also alive, but they seem deeply disturbed and only partially there. As Booker and Elizabeth return to the main theater, they engage Fink's security force while Fink angrily questions Sansmark, his Head of Security, about how the duo got there. Elizabeth notices that the final man killed, Scofield Sansmark, was the body strung up on the clock in the previous reality. They leave the Good Time Club to go find Chen Lin at his Gunsmith Shop.
Single Use EventsEdit
- Code Book - inside the prison basement next to the propaganda incinerator
- Jeremiah Fink - Changing My Tune - inside the dressing rooms
- Zachary Hale Comstock - His Design for Cruelty - inside the prison basement
- Crime Comes to "Shanty-Town" - in the lobby at the top of the stairs
- The First Lady - inside the club next to the Veni! Vidi! Vigor! machine
- Gun-Smith Set Free - in the lobby at the top of the stairs after going through the Tear
Behind the ScenesEdit
- Scofield Sansmark, the man hanging from the clock in the lobby, bears a sign inscribed, SACKED. This is a call back to Alex the Great's similar FIRED signs found with his victims/former employees in BioShock 2.
- The Good Time Club developed from the "Fink Theatre," which based on art for the unmade level, uses a similar exterior, ticket booth, and elaborate stage.
- After entering a realm where Booker has gained martyrdom by destroying the Hall of Heroes along with Slate, the entrance to the club can be seen boarded up.