- “We’re going to Emporia. And then, we gon’ see what it takes to rouse them from their slumber.”
- ― Daisy Fitzroy[src]
Emporia seemed to contain the heart of Columbia itself, housing the city's upper class and also Comstock House, which can be seen even on the outskirts of the district. It has tall stately buildings and towers, with narrow streets and seemed to resemble a smaller, floating New York.
The district's main transportation hub was the massive and elegant Grand Central Depot where people could peruse the numerous shops and restaurants within the station or in Downtown Emporia as well as board a gondola or hovercraft at Port Prosperity to other areas.
- “Excuse me…if there is anyone who can hear the sound of my voice… These are dire times and I could ever so use your aid… I hope no one has forgotten about me here… Er, ah… Now, back to the music…”
- ― Radio Announcements[src]
- Main article: BioShock Infinite
Booker DeWitt and Elizabeth accidentally end up in Emporia after their airship had been taken down by Songbird. At this point, Emporia is nothing but a war zone due to the presence of the Vox Populi as Columbian citizens are being evacuated onto airships. A dead, alternate Booker Dewitt had led the Vox Populi attack on Emporia, leaving behind several Columbian politician's scalps nailed to a board. As a result, the Vox Populi control the majority of Emporia, with red banners and paint covering most of the downtown area. As Elizabeth and Booker move on, they find that all citizens not on the evacuating airships are either in hiding or dead.
The district's main transportation hub. It had a large, roomy interior and included a Founders Books outlet. A gondola could fetch people to and from the lower districts.
As a bar, this is one of the local places for the big spenders to hang out. The kitchen can be unlocked by hitting a secret button underneath the counter.
The bookstore in Grand Central Depot. It has a lounge room for reading in the basement.
The central commercial and residential portion of the city, Downtown Emporia was once the center of the district before the Vox Populi came.
- Preston E. Downs - Coming for Comstock
- Rosalind Lutece - Whispers Through the Walls
- Rosalind Lutece - A Window
- Ronald Frank - Sally!
- Rosalind Lutece - One and the Same
Behind the ScenesEdit
- Grieving over the loss, Elizabeth will pick a flower and place it on one of eight selected corpses in Port Prosperity.
- The song playing on the gramophone for the Luteces' waltz on the Gondola from Port Prosperity Station and the Grand Central Depot is "Shiny Happy People" sung in the brash style of Al Jolson. It was recorded by R.E.M. in 1991.
- ↑ Creating BioShock Infinite's Elizabeth with Shawn Robertson, Chapter: Smart Terrain:Flower Bush Test on GDC Vault
|Port Prosperity Plaza||The First Lady · Port Prosperity|
|Grand Central Depot||The Salty Oyster · Columbia Creamery · Founders Books|