"There is something more powerful than each of us, a combination
of our efforts, a Great Chain of industry that unites us." - Andrew Ryan
- “The mag-lock door's still active. It's regulated by the resistors plugged into that relay. If you can find a way to yank 'em out... magnets fail, doors open.”
- ― Charles Milton Porter[src]
- “Warning. Magnetic Locking Relay Overload.”
- ― Error Message[src]
Electromagnetic Locks are specialized locks found exclusively in the BioShock 2 Downloadable Content Minerva's Den. They are mainly found on rooms containing special items, and, unlike normal code locks, they cannot be hacked. They can only be disabled by the force of the Gravity Well Plasmid, which pulls the resistors out of the relay, causing the power to turn off and the lock to fall off.
- Corporate Offices in the Executive Wing
- Elevator leading to Operations, required to advance past the level
- Data Processing area of the Programming Wing
- Entrance of the Turbine and Turbine Maintenance sections of Climate Control
Some doors are locked magnetically. Nearby resistor relays regulate the flow of power to the electromagnets. Dislodging the resistors using Gravity Well will disable the mag-lock, opening the door.