"There is something more powerful than each of us, a combination of our efforts, a Great Chain of industry that unites us. But it is only when we struggle in our own interest that the chain pulls society in the right direction..." - Andrew Ryan
- “Slinging drinks in a tourist trap like this? Absolute goldmine.”
- ― Thoroughgood Hudson[src]
After riding Journey to the Surface or touring the Hall of the Future, visitors to Ryan Amusements could relax with a drink served up by employees like Thoroughgood Hudson at the El Dorado Lounge. Decorated in a shell motif, the El Dorado consists of a large bar surrounded by five cozy booths. At the northern end of the lounge, patrons could dance before a stage while live entertainment serenaded them. Two elegant statues surrounded by a small reflecting pool adorn the room.
Thanks to the park being sealed off during the New Years Eve riots, the lounge was allowed to slowly decay in peace over the years rather than be torn about by looting Splicers. Even after the park was eventually reopened by Lamb, the lounge remained relatively untouched.
- Main article: BioShock 2
By the time Subject Delta arrives, the once resplendent lounge has become tarnished. The leather in the seats has cracked, several of the lights have burnt out, and there is a gaping hole in the floorboards in front of the bar.
Subject Delta is in need of ADAM, and the Little Sister prancing around the stage is the key, but her Big Daddy stands in the way. While this may be one of the most difficult Big Daddy fights in the game, due to the player's lack of weapons and health, there is ammo scattered throughout the lounge and a disabled Security Bot at the entrance to aid in the fight. Mark Meltzer's Audio Diary "Child" and Guardian is located in a suitcase in the VIP booth. A Health Station and a Circus of Values are located behind the bar.
- For a little extra fire power, begin to hack the vending machine or the Health Station in the back, fail the hack so that the Security Bots come, and use the Bot Shutdown Panel in the front as soon as they arrive. Now you can have two bots assist you when fighting the Big Daddy.
- You can use the reflecting pool or the hole in front of the bar to shock the Big Daddy during battle.
- There are two red exploding barrels in the lounge, which can be thrown with Telekinesis at the Big Daddy.
New Gene TonicsEdit
- Drill Power - In the hallway leading to the Lounge, on the trolley from Eleanor
- Eleanor Lamb - Eat Dog - In the hallway leading to the Lounge, on the trolley from Eleanor
- Mark Meltzer - "Child" and Guardian - In the VIP booth, in an open suitcase
|Rapture Memorial Museum||Atlantic Express · Journey to the Surface · Hall of the Future · Gift Shop · El Dorado Lounge|