"Come on in and show us those snappy snappies." - Peach Wilkins
- For the plasmid in BioShock, see Target Dummy.
- "Enemies on your back? Distract their attention with a helpful decoy. They take the heat... so you don't have to!"
- ―Decoy Plasmid advertisement
Decoy is a Plasmid available in BioShock 2. When selected, it creates a translucent figure in the player's center field of view, marking the location where the decoy target will be created. Decoy is an active Plasmid that instantly creates a single decoy target in a single location, at the cost of EVE.
The decoy target is an illusion; a translucent image of the player that Splicers, hostile Big Daddies, hostile Security Bots, Security Cameras, and Turrets will regard as an enemy. A maximum of one decoy target may be created at a time. Casting Decoy any subsequent number of times will remove and replace the active decoy target with a new one. The decoy has a duration of approximately ten seconds before disappearing. The created decoy does not have health or any impact points. All forms of attack against the decoy target simply pass through it.
Upgrade Path Edit
- The EVE Saver line of Tonics will significantly reduce EVE consumed when using Plasmids.
- Drill Specialist significantly reduces the amount of EVE consumed when using Plasmids, at the cost of not being able to use any weapons other than the Drill, Hack Tool and Research Camera.
- Damage Research will significantly increase damage against researched enemies, if using Decoy 2 or 3.
- Fountain of Youth restores EVE while the player is in water. This can allow the player to continue setting out Decoys without running out of EVE.
- In Minerva's Den, the sigma (Σ) symbol on Subject Sigma's hand is replaced by Delta's manifestation of of the Plasmid (Δ) for Decoy 2 and 3.
Behind the ScenesEdit
- At the first stage ofDecoy, Delta's symbol (Δ) on his left hand glow. Each level adds another, smaller symbol inside the previous one.
- A similar ability exists in BioShock Infinite, where Elizabeth brings a statue of Booker through a Tear to use as a decoy.
|Plasmids/Vigors in the BioShock series|
|Plasmids in BioShock||Cyclone Trap · Electro Bolt · Enrage · Hypnotize Big Daddy · Incinerate! · Insect Swarm · Security Bullseye · Sonic Boom · Target Dummy · Telekinesis · Winter Blast|
|Plasmids in BioShock 2||Cyclone Trap · Decoy · Electro Bolt · Hypnotize · Incinerate! · Insect Swarm · Scout · Security Command · Telekinesis · Winter Blast · Summon Eleanor|
|Gravity Well (Minerva's Den)|
|Plasmids in BioShock 2 Multiplayer||Aero Dash · Electro Bolt · Geyser Trap · Houdini · Incinerate! · Insect Swarm · Telekinesis · Winter Blast|
|Vigors in BioShock Infinite||Bucking Bronco · Charge · Devil's Kiss · Murder of Crows · Possession · Return to Sender · Shock Jockey · Undertow|
|Plasmids and Vigors in Burial at Sea - Episode 1 and Burial at Sea - Episode 2||Bucking Bronco · Devil's Kiss · Ironsides · Old Man Winter · Peeping Tom · Possession · Shock Jockey|
|Removed Plasmids from BioShock||Aggressor Irritant · Parasitic Healing · Sanctuary · Speed Booster · Teleportation|