"There is something more powerful than each of us, a combination of our efforts, a Great Chain of industry that unites us. But it is only when we struggle in our own interest that the chain pulls society in the right direction..." - Andrew Ryan
- “Really? You mean it? I tried so hard to reduce to fit into this gown. I just wanted to look beautiful for you.”
- ― Bridal Splicer[src]
The Bridal Shop is where citizens of Rapture could go and buy wedding dresses, hats and other wedding accessories and is one of the stores found in the Housewares department of Fontaine's Department Store.
Rapture may have been a society under the sea, but its populace still enjoyed celebrating many of the same customs they did on the surface, and marriage was no exception. While a Rapture wedding might not follow traditional religious rituals, the Bridal department of Fontaine's ensured it was still an affair to remember. The store sold elegantly styled wedding gowns which the bride-to-be could try on in one of the 3 changing rooms and model for her entourage. The shop also catered to other members of the bridal party such as the bridesmaids, parents of the betrothed, and other wedding guests.
The party ended abruptly for the Bridal department when Andrew Ryan took control of Fontaine's Department Store and ordered it to be converted into a prison to house Frank Fontaine's known associates and army of followers. Whether it was due to fighting among the Splicers or the general disorder caused from lifting the building off its foundation and lowering it into the trench, the store has become dark and disorganized.
Burial at Sea - Episode 1Edit
- Main article: Burial at Sea - Episode 1
- “I don't know if she was dangerous… or just insane."
"Next time, I'll be sure to ask.”
- ― Elizabeth and Booker DeWitt, after the splicer is killed.[src]
The door to the store is locked when Booker DeWitt and Elizabeth arrive, but can easily be opened with a Lockpick. Music can be heard from inside. When the player enters, a female Splicer is hallucinating "the first dance" at her wedding. She has arranged the mannequins around her to represent the guests, some with faces cut out from advertisements. She dances alone and converses with "the groom," who appears to be a man she fell in love with when she saw him at the Kashmir Restaurant with another woman — she most likely doesn't know him at all. This is caused by the side-effect ADAM produces — which drives the abuser insane.
If the player takes the Gear, "the bride" will attack. When the player exits the store, a group of female Splicers and a Frosty Splicer will attack. There are 6 dollars in the Cash Register. If the player leaves the store without taking the gear or attacking the splicer, Elizabeth will comment on the splicer saying "My god, that poor woman."
- Surprise Element - On the counter.
Bugs / GlitchesEdit
- The Splicer inside the store sometimes becomes hostile during an attack outside the store causing her to become hostile every time the player comes close to the store. If the player hasn't un-locked the door before that, then it is impossible to get inside because lockpicking is not doable during combat.
Behind the ScenesEdit
- The songs played in the store are Bridal Chorus by Richard Wagner and Wedding March by Felix Mendelssohn.
- The heads of the "bridesmaids" are cut-outs from the "Stand Above the Crowd", "Your Manager Knows What's Best For You," and White Oats posters.
|Electronics||The Bistro at Fontaine's · Customer Service · Bridal · Bookstore · Appliances · Toys|