Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Over the course of the game, the player will travel through several different locations in Rapture, each one with its own unique theme and appearance. The following is the list of the locations in BioShock.
- The Lighthouse (titled as "BioShock" in-game) - The hidden entrance to Rapture, where the Apollo Air Flight DF-0301 crashed nearby.
- Welcome to Rapture - The Welcome Center, a recreational area which used to welcome Rapture's newcomers.
- Medical Pavilion - Rapture's dilapidated medical center, run by the insane, asymmetry-obsessed surgeon Dr. J.S. Steinman.
- Neptune's Bounty - The fishing district and port in Rapture, also formerly a cover for Frank Fontaine's smuggling operations.
- Smuggler's Hideout - The base of Fontaine's illicit smuggling activities in Neptune's Bounty. It is here that Atlas' family is located.
- Arcadia - An experimental forest and botanical garden in Rapture, supplying the city's oxygen.
- Farmer's Market - A large market for Rapture's citizens to buy goods and produce directly from the vendors.
- Fort Frolic - Rapture's entertainment center, presided over by the insane Sander Cohen, Andrew Ryan's favored artist.
- Hephaestus - Site of a geothermal power plant and workshops, also the entrance to Ryan's office.
- Rapture Central Control - Andrew Ryan's office, from which he oversees the administration of Ryan Industries and his city.
- Olympus Heights - The war-ravaged luxury apartments of Rapture, where only the richest of the rich could afford to live.
- Apollo Square - Rapture's lower class housing district turned internment camp as a result of the Civil War.
- Point Prometheus - A scientific research facility where Little Sisters and Big Daddies were created in secret.
- Proving Grounds - A museum converted into an assault course where Big Daddies trained to protect their Little Sisters.
- Fontaine - The tallest point in Rapture, and the location of BioShock's finale.
Behind the ScenesEdit
- The diminutives for the levels' names as used in files are, in BioShock:
- Lighthouse (for The Lighthouse)
- Welcome (for Welcome to Rapture)
- Medical (for Medical Pavilion)
- Fisheries (for Neptune's Bounty)
- SubBay (for Smuggler's Hideout)
- Hydroponics (for Arcadia)
- Market (for Farmer's Market)
- Recreation (for Fort Frolic)
- Engineering (for Hephaestus)
- Ryan (for Rapture Central Control)
- Residential (for Olympus Heights)
- Slums (for Apollo Square)
- Science (for Point Prometheus)
- Gauntlet (for Proving Grounds)
- BossFight (for Fontaine)
- In The Challenge Rooms:
- Other downloadable content:
- museum (for Museum of Orphaned Concepts)