A list of Loading Screen Quotes which appear randomly with useful tips during loading times.
Newspapers and Advertisements Edit
- "Why not spend your holiday in Arcadia? Fun for the whole family!" - Ad in the Rapture Standard, 9/1/53
- "A gun in every home, peace on every street." - Frank Fontaine at the installation of the first Power to the People machine, 1/22/57
- "Ryan takes down smuggling operation... Fontaine and thugs killed in fiery shootout!" - Headline, Rapture Standard, 9/12/58
- "You know that nine out of ten ladies prefer the athletic man?" -- Advertisement, SportBoost Gene Tonic
- "A city in the ocean's deep, a promise we will always keep... so, rise! Rise! Rise!" - Lyrics to Sander Cohen's Rise, Rapture, Rise!
- "It was not impossible to build Rapture at the bottom of the sea. It was impossible to build it anywhere else."
- "Commerce is the life blood of the city. If we are not careful, government will become the cancer."
- "In Washington you can see them everywhere: the Parasites and baby Stalins sucking the life out of a once-great nation."
- "What would the Russian Bear and the American Eagle do if they discovered our paradise? Our secrecy is our shield!"
- "Why worship a flag or god when we could worship the best of us: our will to be great."
- "We laid the foundations of Rapture at the end of the last war... but before the final, terrible war that is to come..."
- "My city was betrayed by the weak..."
- "Who can forget their first view of the city? Amazing what a man can create once he gets government and God off his back."
- "Fontaine fellow... he's a crook... but he's got the ADAM, and that makes him the guv'nor."
- "Leaks. Lunatics. Rebellion. And now bleeding ghosts. Ain't life in Rapture grand?"
- "Me? They brought me down to this here utopia to cook hamburgers. Even supermen gotta eat, right?"
- "Yeah, Rapture's full of fancy pants and lots of other stuffed shirts. But so long as they tip all right, I'm happy to rub elbows with 'em."
Dr. Yi Suchong Edit
- "ADAM is the canvas of genetic modification... but Plasmids are the paint."
- "Until ADAM, you could no more domesticate a child than a boa constrictor..."
- "Why children take so long to grow? They eat and drink like pig and give nothing back. Must find way to accelerate process..."
Other characters (Alphabetical by last name) Edit
- "Sander Cohen is two parts suck-up and ten parts hack. And that's being charitable." - Anna Culpepper
- "Darling, you really MUST go see Steinman... everyone goes to Steinman!" - Marianne Dellahunt, Resident, Mercury Suites
- "A star, mama! Mr. Ryan said he's going to make me a star!" - Mary-Catherine (Jasmine) Jolene
- "This city is not built with concrete and steel... it is built with ideas." - Anton Kinkaide, Founder, Rapture Metro
- "It's like I don't even recognize Rapture no more. I hear they've been rounding up people in Apollo Square..." - Diane McClintock
- "Sure, the boys in Ryan's lab can make it hack-proof. But that don't mean we ain't gonna hack it." - Pablo Navarro
- "Now the eggs are in the scramble. Ryan'll be taking down Fontaine, or Fontaine'll be taking down Ryan." - Security Chief Sullivan
- "Do we gouge the suckers a little? Maybe. But where else they gonna go?" - Lloyd Webster, President, Circus of Values Vending