Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
BioShock Infinite: Industrial Revolution was a Flash puzzle game released on January 24, 2013, and was offered with pre-orders of BioShock Infinite from participating retailers. Players assume the role of a factory worker in Columbia during the growing conflict between the Founders' party and the Vox Populi, with a design inspired by vintage patent forms and turn of the century editorial cartoons. Players can unlock rewards which will then be turned available in BioShock Infinite early in the game. As of September 13th, 2013, all redemption codes have expired and the viral game has been shut down.
The game takes place from April 1900 to August 1912 during which the player assumes the role of Worker #08-IZ9, a Fink Manufacturing employee tasked with drawing patents to process the company's many products including weaponry, Vigors and even Motorized Patriot. After completing each patent, the player is offered the choice of providing the product safely to the Founders, represented by the city's Police forces, or to swear allegiance to the Vox Populi by diverting it to their supporters. All decisions made by the player are counted and will only affect which of the politically oriented newspapers The Minuteman and The Voice will appear, though always providing one side of each event. Also, those decisions will not affect the player's rank, which will go from Laborer to Apprentice, Journeyman, Foreman, Steward and finally Chief.
There are four rewards listed for completing Industrial Revolution.
- 3 Exclusive pieces of Gear: Handyman Nemesis, Sugar Rush, and Fleet Feet.
- 500 Silver Eagles as a Gold Bar.
- 5 Lockpicks.
- Learn about the city of Columbia and its factions through story chunks.
- Facebook packs that pledges the player's allegiance for either the Vox Populi or the Founders.
The in-game rewards were redeemed using a download code issued on the Industrial Revolution website, www.finkmanufacturing.com. Once the reward pack was downloaded, its content can be collected at The Blue Ribbon Restaurant at the beginning of the Comstock Center Rooftops level early in the game.
Industrial Revolution was developed by Lazy 8 Studios alongside User Experience Designer Joshua Davis. Irrational Games' Lead Concept Artist Jorge Lacera was responsible for the art direction and created its visual style.
- ↑ http://www.bioshockinfinite.com/faq/dlc1/how-can-i-redeem-my-pre-order-code FAQ on www.bioshockinfinite.com
- ↑ Official BioShock Infinite: Industrial Revolution Information Thread and F.A.Q. on 2K Games Forum.
- ↑ Lazy 8 Studios' Website
- ↑ http://www.jlacera.com/post/52109578273 Jorge Lacera's portfolio on Tumblr.