This page contains a list of patches which have been released for BioShock 2.
Patch 184.108.40.206 Edit
Released February 12, 2010 (PC)
Notes: This patch caused errors in the multiplayer portion of the game where holding down the mouse button would not register in the game, meaning that the player would have to constantly tap the mouse button to keep firing a weapon.
- Fixed accepting a game invite on the Multiplayer Menu via Friend Invite causing a crash.
- Fixed a black screen that would occur minimizing and restoring the game in Windows 7.
- Fixed the ability to adopt or harvest Little Sisters after rebinding the ‘F’ or ‘B’ keys to Zoom, Fire or Fire Plasmid.
- Fixed Big Daddy HUD elements remaining on screen when not appropriate.
- Fixed an issue where the player’s Plasmid hand would become unresponsive if they pressed the Next Plasmid key immediately after firing any chargeable Plasmid.
- Fixed a potential save file issue.
- Fixed an issue where the resolution would change on its own if entering gameplay in a 16:10 resolution on a native 16:10 monitor.
- Fixed a problem where the mouse cursor wouldn’t be able to go across the whole screen when running the game in a resolution higher than the player's desktop resolution.
- Fixed an issue in Windows 7 where certain Radio messages could become scrambled or broken after defeating a Big Sister if Voice audio had been turned down or muted previously.
- Fixed a crash while playing Dionysus Park on a 32-bit machine.
- Fixed a crash that would occur sometimes loading a previous manual save made before any present QuickSave.
- Fixed a crash while signing in to GFWL when running compatibility mode for XP SP2 while running Vista.
- Fixed an issue where Audio Diaries would not play in certain areas.
- Fixed a rare crash that could occur any time before a specific Big Sister sequence.
Patch 220.127.116.11 Edit
Released February 23, 2010 (PC)
Notes: This patch was a stop-gap effort meant to correct several high-priority issues while a more complete patch was developed.
- Fixed an issue where 16:9 and 16:10 resolutions were letterbox versions of 4:3 resolutions, thereby properly fixing the FOV by expanding the horizontal player view as intended.
- Fixed an issue where holding the M1 button would not register in Multiplayer gameplay.
Patch 18.104.22.168 Edit
Released May 10, 2010 (PlayStation 3) May 11, 2010 (Xbox 360) May 25, 2010 (PC)
General Fixes Edit
- Fixed freezing and connectivity issues with multiplayer.
- Fixed lobby issue in multiplayer when two parties, each consisting of five players, are unable to join the same game lobby for any game mode except Survival.
PC Fixes and Features Edit
- Fixed further issues related to HUD stretching.
- Fixed functionality issues related to NVIDIA 3D Stereo options. Option in the Single Player Options Menu was removed and is now activated through the NVIDIA hardware.
- Fixed an issue where the User's whole vision would become blurred while using iron sights in DirectX10.
- Fixed a problem where trying to install a patch manually through the appdata directory would not work properly.
- Fixed an exploit in Multiplayer involving Rebirth.
- Fixed further issues related to Plasmid Gene Bank hotkeys not taking effect in-game.
- Fixed various localization bugs for Multiplayer.
- Fixed an issue where task switching while in a game lobby would not initiate.
- Fixed exploits for various weapon loadout files and improved related security.
- Fixed issue where the title will fail to direct the user to the proper lobby when a join-able match is in session and the user accepts a game invite or attempts to join session in progress.
- Fixed issue when BioShock 2 fails to apply the title update when the files are placed in the appdata directory manually.
- Fixed text overrun on the Corpse counter from the first Little Sister.
- Fixed issue where BioShock 2 is listed as two separate games in the Games for Windows - LIVE guide after installing the title update and earning achievements.
- Fixed Spanish language issue where text overran the textbox provided on the multiplayer lobby.
- Fixed German language map title for Fontaine Fisheries.
- Fixed issue where the title will fail to properly task switch while in a game lobby when account management is chosen on Vista x86 PCs.
- Fixed exploit where the user can modify the user specific .ini to acquire weapon loadouts before reaching the appropriate rank.
- Implemented color-blind friendly hacking UI.
- Players can now automatically reach rebirth rank 40 with any Rank rebirth profile by viewing the epilogue within the apartment.
- "Reset All" option in the Multiplayer Controller Settings now functions properly.
- "Reset All" changes to customizable controls are not saved when the game is restarted.
- There are now 53 achievements available to the user after installing TU 047.
Xbox 360 Fixes Edit
- Fixed lobby issue in multiplayer where the BioShock 2 party falls apart at the end of a match when the host of the party is the host of the game in the multiplayer lobby.
- Fixed issue where clients are denied progress toward multiplayer ranking after a host powers down the console during an Xbox LIVE ranked match.
- Fixed issue where filtering the leaderboards causes the leaderboard to occasionally not load.
- Updated both single and multiplayer launchers to find a new executable file.
PlayStation 3 Fixes Edit
- Added support for launching patched executable files.
- Fixed lobby in multiplayer when four clients in a party lost connection to the party host when the host attempted to find a match.
- Fixed issue where tenth player would hang on the game loading screen when attempting to join a nine-player, pre-hosted game using a wireless connection.
- Fixed some beep crash issues.
- Fixed server TUS slot issue.
Patch (Unnumbered) Edit
Released August 3, 2010 (Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3)
Notes: This patch mainly focuses on streamlining issues with Downloadable Content.
General Fixes and Features Edit
- Sound System now supports sounds in DLC packages.
- DLC menu supports The Protector Trials menu features.
- Support for adding more subtitles in DLC without using more memory.
Xbox 360 Fixes Edit
- Fixed crashing when DLC is transferred to USB thumb drive and removed before gameplay.
- Signing out of active gamer profile, then back in, then accepting an invite no longer results in a crash or hang.
- Rebirth no longer has potential to reset total ADAM.
- Opening Xbox LIVE Marketplace from Main Menu works every time.
PlayStation 3 Fixes Edit
- Suppressing partial localization when the DLC supports more languages than the disk game it is installed on.
- DLC packages have added protection to DLC content packages.
- PSN Store access added to "Downloadable Content" menu option.
Patch 1.4 Edit
Released March 15, 2011 (PC)
Notes: This patch went live a few days after The Protector Trials was released for PC, and it is required in order for the DLC to be playable.
Listed Fixes Edit
- Fixed unlocalized text in Customize Controls screen.
- Player mouse functionality no longer drops out when the Video Card Driver Warning appears.
- User.ini no longer overwritten when game loads. This should address mouse sensitivity issues as well as many v-sync option bugs.
Unlisted Fixes and Added Errors Edit
- Enables BioShock 2 to play the new Protector Trials DLC.
- Changes the game version # visibly displayed in the Single Player main menu to Version 1.4.
- Enables music in the game's Single Player main menu (Console versions already had this; for PC, the music was always included in the game files, but it didn't play).
- Overwrites User.ini on installation and on start up.
- Dramatically increases Single Player GFWL sign-in time due to added GFWL sign-in bug.
- Audio for Little Sister dialogue no longer appears in single player until a session in the Protector Trails DLC has been played.
Patch 1.5 EditReleased May 17, 2011 (PC)
Patch (Unnumbered) Edit
Released October 3, 2013 (PC)
Added BioShock 2 and Minerva's Den to Steam.
Released December 20, 2016 (PC, BioShock and BioShock 2 Remastered)
Fixes and featuresEdit
- Fixes flickering Vsync bug
- Various bugs causing crashing
- Renamed EXEs to load correct optimizations for 3rd party applications, libraries, and drivers.
- Please Note: Due to this change, If you try to launch the title and get a “Missing executable” error, please restart Steam.
2K Games Technical Support Edit
- ↑ http://games.softpedia.com/progChangelog/Bioshock-2-Patch-Changelog-59633.html
- ↑ http://www.gamershell.com/download_74644.shtml
- ↑ Announcement on Steam