"There is something more powerful than each of us, a combination
of our efforts, a Great Chain of industry that unites us." - Andrew Ryan
Battleship Bay is a well populated beach area in BioShock Infinite. The Bay is home to shops, an arcade, live music, and an expansive beach. It features real sand as well as what appears to be a simulated ocean. Booker and Elizabeth fall into the bay after escaping Monument Island, and get their first glimpse of the First Lady's Aerodrome in an advertisement on the beach. The mechanisms which maintain the ocean can be found inside two different maintenance rooms in the area.
New Discoveries Edit
- China Broom Shotgun
- Ed Gaines - Born in the River: Battleship Bay under a cart
- Daisy Fitzroy - Heaven: Arcade in a washroom
- Zachary Hale Comstock - A Dog's Loyalty: Arcade, in the Whites-Only Bathroom
- Esther Mailer - Take Her Alive: Park Ticketing
- Zachary Hale Comstock - The Golden Path to Heaven: Park Ticketing
- Battleship Bay
- Solving the Irish Problem
Promotional and Concept ArtEdit
- After Booker meets Elizabeth and convinces her to follow him, if the player directs Booker to stand in the water next to the waterfall, Elizabeth will follow and her legs will become disconnected from the rest of her body. (See screenshot above; glitch confirmed on PC.)
- A cover version of "Girls Just Want To Have Fun" by Cyndi Lauper can be heard playing throughout the area. This is anachronistic, as the song was not released until 1983. A voxophone recording found later in the game reveals that Jeremiah Fink's brother writes his music based on copied music from the future, explaining the anachronism. A tear found in Albert Fink's house in Downtown Emporia also plays the original "Girls Just Want To Have Fun."
- Music playing in the white-only bathrooms is Chopin's nocturne n°2.
- According to Elizabeth's books, the whole bay was built in only six months.
- In the hallway where Booker first notices the First Lady's Aerodrome advertisements, there is a baby carriage with a box of pistol ammunition sitting in it. This instance could be a nod to Jack finding his first pistol in the original BioShock.
- According to Elizabeth, the water from the bay comes from rain-catchers.
- In the gift shop, the player must go through to exit the bay, a small alcove with stairs can be found in the left corner. In this alcove there is a table and chairs, one of them occupied by a "Lil Miss Columbia." On the table there is a bottle of wine in an ice bucket and some glasses, suggesting a strange relationship between the store owner and the doll.
- During development, Battleship Bay was where animations were created and tested. This is the reason, during a play-through, so many different animations can be preformed by Elizabeth in this single area. Around 200 animations can occur on Battleship Bay, from Elizabeth's dancing to Elizabeth simply throwing things into the water. This can make every play-through here a different experience from the previous one.
- A newspaper (with the headline "Anarchists in Our Fair City") in Battleship Bay also features a headline about the RMS Carpathia and mentions a list of rescued people. This is a reference to the role the ship played in rescuing survivors of the Titanic sinking, and indicates that BioShock Infinite is set in/after April of 1912.