- “Quick but cautious is the order of the day behind the scenes of the Atlantic Express. Just like the trains they repair, our maintenance staff exemplifies our uncompromising attitudes towards safety. Atlantic Express, Rapture's Fastest Way to Travel!”
- ― Level description
Atlantic Express Train Upkeep is a retooled environment from the BioShock 2 single player campaign, and it is the second level for The Protector Trials downloadable content. It is inspired by the Atlantic Express Depot and its Workshops.
General Tips Edit
Types of Enemies Encountered (By order of appearance) Edit
- Circus of Values located North to the workshop, under the first floor.
- El Ammo Bandito located on the first floor, above the Circus of Values.
- 2 Health Stations located North, upstairs of the workshop and South-West, on the first floor.
Trial One Edit
- Weapons: Machine Gun (All upgrades), Hack Tool
- Ammunition: .50 Caliber Rounds, Anti-Personnel Rounds, Remote Hack Dart, Mini-Turret
- Plasmids: Security Command 2
- Gene Tonics: Handyman
- Before beginning the trial, hack the Turret upstairs to defend one of the entrances (only in the first trial).
- Also, charge Security Command 2 twice before the fight to get support from two Security Bots.
- One can spend some EVE to repair one's Security Bots or the Turret upstairs, but only do so after buying some EVE Hypos at the Circus of Values downstairs.
- The Miniature Turrets can provide good defenses against the weakest enemies (Thuggish and Leadhead Splicers) and will also distract the tougher enemies, but don't forget that ammunition is limited in the Vending Machines.
- Keep the Anti-Personnel Rounds for Spider and Brute Splicers, since they are tougher than the others.
Trial Two Edit
- Weapons: Rivet Gun (Increased Clip Size upgrade), Launcher (Damage Immunity upgrade), Spear Gun
- Ammunition: Trap Rivets, Proximity Mines, Trap Spears
- Plasmids: Electro Bolt, Cyclone Trap 2, Decoy 2
- Gene Tonics: Armored Shell
- Although the above arsenal is mostly defensive, save some ammunition for offense, as it will allow for greater adaptability.
- Decoy 2 can help distract nearby attackers when one needs to refill at the Vending Machines.
- Cyclone Trap 2 and Electro Bolt are useful when short on ammunition.
Trial Three Edit
- Weapons: Drill (All upgrades)
- Ammunition: Drill Fuel
- Plasmids: Insect Swarm
- Gene Tonics: Armored Shell, Drill Vampire, Drill Power
- Insect Swarm is helpful to distract surrounding enemies, so use it often to keep a distance.
- Drill Dash helps a lot to quickly get rid of weaker enemies and to weaken stronger enemies.
- Avoid using Drill Fuel to refill one's health, as it is quicker and cheaper to buy some First Aid Kits at the Circus of Values downstairs.
|Atlantic Express Maintenance Depot||Jet-Postal · Railway Cafe|
|The Protector Trials||Atlantic Express Train Upkeep|